The Student Room Group

What does it say about a 30 yr old guy hw likes to date 20 yr old women, guy I see.

I was seeing a guy who was 30 , prob 31 now and his ex was 21 , he also seeing a 21 year old now and I'm in my early twenties. I wanted to know why 30 year old would prefer a girl like 9 yeArs younger. I mean 30 year old women are still kinda hot, so I don't understand. He is a regular guy, he is mature and normal. But it interested me because I could never see myself dating someone so young who is probably not serious at that age when I am 30
Reply 1
21 isn't as young as you might think. They are both mature adults and I don't think the age formula should be used to determine if their relationship is suitable.
If it's a pattern, it might suggest that he's trying to cling on to his youth or that he really doesn't want to settle down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by qwertyking
If it's a pattern, it might suggest that he's trying to cling on to his youth or that he really doesn't want to settle down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well this is what worries me, as I might end up dating him again, and I am trying to figure out who he is. It is a pattern I think because I've seen his exes and they all look younger than him. However he has been in relationships lasting over a year.
Reply 4
God, people really need to get over themselves. It is 9 years, that is nothing. What do you expect? For everyone to date people in their own year group?
Reply 5
He might not have had very much success with women when he was younger (due to lack of confidence, looked too young/ugly etc.) and now he wants to experience dating young, attractive women who don't want to take things too seriously (as opposed to an older, more withered woman who is looking to settle down and have kids). He's just experiencing the things more confident, better looking guys experienced in their teens/early 20s. FWIW, I will probably be the same at his age, given that I only recently I lost my virginity (I'm 23) and actually got some experience with girls. Every guy deserves to gain some experience in the dating market before they settle down. For some, it unfortunately happens later than others (as I pointed out in the aforementioned reasons).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending