The Student Room Group

History Dissertation Examples

Hello :smile:

Does anybody know where I can find good examples of history dissertations which received the top grade? (Or is able/willing to let me read theirs). I just want to see what kind of thing makes for a successful dissertation, as obviously this is quite different to a normal essay. Any advice is also appreciated. I've been working towards an assumption of the dissertation being more source-based - but how many, and in what detail, and how to orient them with the essay as a whole? Advice about organisation of the dissertation itself would also be helpful.

I will be examining the Viennese female identity in Freud but anything vaguely historical for me to read would be amazing.

Thanks x
Original post by interficiam daucus
Hello :smile:

Does anybody know where I can find good examples of history dissertations which received the top grade? (Or is able/willing to let me read theirs). I just want to see what kind of thing makes for a successful dissertation, as obviously this is quite different to a normal essay. Any advice is also appreciated. I've been working towards an assumption of the dissertation being more source-based - but how many, and in what detail, and how to orient them with the essay as a whole? Advice about organisation of the dissertation itself would also be helpful.

I will be examining the Viennese female identity in Freud but anything vaguely historical for me to read would be amazing.

Thanks x

Bristol put their 'Best of...' online at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/history/study/undergraduate/ugdissertations/

Try digging around in other History department websites.
Thanks so much!! This is great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending