The Student Room Group

History and Politics

I have applied to study History and Politics Next year and have to make my final decision soon about where I want to go. Both Sheffield and Newcastle have drawn me but I simply can't decide between them. The departments at Sheffield are ranked higher but there is less choice in terms of modules. Overall is there anyone on these courses who could tell me anything about what they enjoy and what these two cities are like.
Currently studying History, Music and Sociology at A2.
Reply 1
Original post by H.P
I have applied to study History and Politics Next year and have to make my final decision soon about where I want to go. Both Sheffield and Newcastle have drawn me but I simply can't decide between them. The departments at Sheffield are ranked higher but there is less choice in terms of modules. Overall is there anyone on these courses who could tell me anything about what they enjoy and what these two cities are like.
Currently studying History, Music and Sociology at A2.

If Newcastle has the modules that appeal to you, then that should be a huge weight in favour of choosing that!
Reply 2
H.P
OP
Original post by Jamerson
If Newcastle has the modules that appeal to you, then that should be a huge weight in favour of choosing that!

Both courses have appealing modules its just that Sheffield has more compulsory modules which may or may not be enjoyable. Would you say that the strength of departments and staff or the module flexibility/ topics are more important to consider? Just out of interest are you studying History or Politics or both?
Thanks for your response
Personally I think there's a lot to be said for flexibility - it was a big reason why I chose my degree, and I have valued the flexibility a great deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending