The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Economics at Sheffield...advice?

Hi all was just wondering if any one knows anything of studying Economics at Sheffield? The BA degree as I do not do A Level Maths!
Also the grade requirements are AAB, however currently I am on target for only ABB and as I am going to be applying next year I won't have the chance to receive a conditional offer as I will have sat my A Levels this summer so they will know my grades. Therefore it is unlikely that Sheffield would let me in to an AAB course with only ABB...? Anybody who has any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks,
Reply 1
Just to let you know I applied for September 2014 entry with ABB grades and have been given an unconditional offer. I know I had a good personal statement and reference but I have 5 unconditional offers, 3 of which are above the grades I have.

I hope this is a little bit reassuring.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by ajsuni
Just to let you know I applied for September 2014 entry with ABB grades and have been given an unconditional offer. I know I had a good personal statement and reference but I have 5 unconditional offers, 3 of which are above the grades I have.

I hope this is a little bit reassuring.

Have you already taken your A Levels or are you taking them this summer? Were ABB your predicted grades and what did you get in the end?
Reply 3
Original post by mallinder
Have you already taken your A Levels or are you taking them this summer? Were ABB your predicted grades and what did you get in the end?

I took my A levels last summer and got ABB so I already had firm grades wen I applied. This was on top of having started a completely different course last September and having to explain why I wanted to change courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending