The Student Room Group

New ISA grade boundaries

This question has been bugging me for a long time now. I have done the ISA's (don't even ask for help, I wont be able to anyway) and they were much harder than they used to be. I also know that the structure for the ISA exams have changed to stop people cheating and that the Government have decided that they want to make exams harder for everyone to make the distribution of grades more "even".
So after considering all of this,I was wondering what you guys think the new grade boundaries are going to be?
I'm quite undecided myself, however knowing Gove I dont think they will change. Some people said they will go down by two marks, some say 5.
So yeah if anyone has any knowledge or experience on this, I'd love to hear your views!
bump
Original post by student_slasher
This question has been bugging me for a long time now. I have done the ISA's (don't even ask for help, I wont be able to anyway) and they were much harder than they used to be. I also know that the structure for the ISA exams have changed to stop people cheating and that the Government have decided that they want to make exams harder for everyone to make the distribution of grades more "even".
So after considering all of this,I was wondering what you guys think the new grade boundaries are going to be?
I'm quite undecided myself, however knowing Gove I dont think they will change. Some people said they will go down by two marks, some say 5.
So yeah if anyone has any knowledge or experience on this, I'd love to hear your views!

Worried about that myself :/ im doing mine after eater:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Original post by student-unknown
Worried about that myself :/ im doing mine after eater:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Yeah, you're not going to enjoy it... Some guys in my class normally get like 45 or 47 out of 50... this time they got 32 and 34 or similar... Makes me wonder how bad I did...
Is this for AQA? I've sat both Chemistry A2's and have to say both went terrible. Hoping the boundaries will be lower but from what I've heard, other schools have looked at papers or are purposely delaying it so they can get more information from other schools. Don't expect the boundaries to change as it really hasn't dome much.
Yeah AQA, the boundaries better be lowered. Otherwise at best I'm gonna get a C from my first one :frown:
I've gotten 43 and 26 (yeah I know, dreadful). I achieved 47 last year but that was done with other classes having done it and me knowing a few questions. Although 43 isn't that bad, it'll majorly affect my chances of an A* at A2.
I got 31 for my physics ISA and I don't know what I got for my biology but I'm fairly certain it's worse. I hope the boundaries don't get harder as I'm just in a C and if they get harder I'll be in D territory :frown:
Well I guess we just all need to hope for the best?
Reply 9
I don't know about A2, but the grade boundaries have always been ridiculously high and I'm not counting on them suddenly going low, especially with all the cheaters on TSR. Chemistry was ridiculous (even dangerous, as one routinely exploded in people's faces, nice work AQA), Physics was far easier, but still had BS random questions. Well, the second one was easier, the resistor one wasn't great.
You are correct about cheaters inflating the grade boundaries.
Which is why I've never understood the logic of those who come on here and say - hey folks, I've done this ISA, wanna know what's in it. PM me etc...
Yes. Give the information to others who can then do better than you did, increase their grade and decrease yours by pushing up the grade boundary.
How idiotic can you get?
Reply 11
Original post by Stonebridge
You are correct about cheaters inflating the grade boundaries.
Which is why I've never understood the logic of those who come on here and say - hey folks, I've done this ISA, wanna know what's in it. PM me etc...
Yes. Give the information to others who can then do better than you did, increase their grade and decrease yours by pushing up the grade boundary.
How idiotic can you get?

This is so true, I will never understand some people haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending