The Student Room Group

Is failure a good thing? What's your opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys.So last month I received my first ever gcse results and I got a grade D in in one of them.I was depressed, like really depressed for three days,dropped my self-confidence completely and convinced myself that it was over for me,I wouldn't make it in this very competitive world.

I am an independent learner and a very hard worker so I was rather shocked to be honest because I expected a B at the most.I tackled that subject by myself without teachers ( I'm home schooled) and for that reason my mum said I should be proud to have at least received a D,it could have been lower than that.
After that I realised that 'failing' was actually a pretty good experience because I now work extra hard for other subjects,it was an eye-opener to the school system in the uk and controversial comments with GCSE etc..I also learnt many things about great historian figures or modern figures who didn't need grades to make their millions.So what do you think? Is failiure ever a good thing?
Sorry no one responded sooner but dont worry about that , as long as you have time and another chance then ur allright as long as you work as hard as u can u have to be hungry for it and want it if you want the best results dont be complacent push for the stars this is just the beginning
Original post by IamDreaming
Sorry no one responded sooner but dont worry about that , as long as you have time and another chance then ur allright as long as you work as hard as u can u have to be hungry for it and want it if you want the best results dont be complacent push for the stars this is just the beginning

Thank you,that was very sweet, very good advice as well.:smile: You're right,the world offers so many chances,the key is to work hard and we'll make it in this very competitive world.

Quick Reply

Latest