The Student Room Group

help to find me a cheap car (max £300)

Scroll to see replies

Now I definitely need one

Reply 102
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KC53MTY-/181383042818

Low mileage 1.2 litre, very Economical, nice and clean car. Engine, gears, clutch, brakes are good. drives very well, and its pleasure to drive. Cheap insurance group. few minor scratches on the body, nothing major. No MOT or road tax, just expired. Start from 99p, so grab yourself a bargain, surplus to requirements. But no time wasters please. Cash on collection, no return accepted, any trail are welcome before auction ends. Buyer is responsible for collection. For any information please call me 07838152650..Relist due to time waster,pleas please do not bid if you not intend to buy.Many Thanks

Reply 106
Original post by Emma:-)
So you dont want a crapbbox like a micra or ka, but you will willingly buy a clio?
Micras arent that bad. They might look granny ish but they are mega reliable- bomb proof even. I agree with you that ka's are rubbish though. I wouldnt touch one with a bargepole.

Totally this if your looking for a project. K11 micra (92-03) with a CG13DE engine in it (the 1.3). Extremely easy to mod on the cheap (no not a drilled out exhaust and some plastic tat glued on).

Basicly
1. With the CG13DE your getting about 80bhp. You can swap out for some CG10DE (1.0 k11 micra) cam shafts which are higher lift and get you a bit more top end and a snappier throttle response... you can pick these up out of a scrappy for essentially free.

2. A CG10DE gearbox also bolts right on to the CG13DE and gives a shorter gear ratio (with 80-100bhp on a small track / public highway your not getting over 100mph anyway. Faster 0-60 is better)>

3. IF you can find one (they are somewhat rare) Nissan Almera GTI brake rotors and calipers bolt right onto the micras wheel bearings. This is a FANTASTIC mod again for essentially free if you can find a written off almera (NOT PRIMERA, i made that mistake although the fitting looks extremely similer).

4. Another scrappy mod pick up a GA16 or GA14 air box(you can scavenge these from an older Primera or Almera)

5. The micra NEEDS a stiffer suspension than it has stock if you wanna get anywhere with it. id recomend a cheap ~40mm sports lowering spring and a set of strut braces (about £100 worth for a set) to stiffen it up. HOWEVER if you are on the cheap you can scavange a set of springs and struts from a Corsa B or C

All 5 of them mods can be done for essentially free (I assume you have basic mechanical knowledge since your looking for a project car). Said mods are also cheaper and more effective than "chaving it up". Your mates corsa with 50kg of plastic glued onto it and a big spoiler might look... er... "better?" than the fairly stock micra but a 16v CG13 ****s on a lot of other small engines of the same age.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CAElite
Totally this if your looking for a project. K11 micra (92-03) with a CG13DE engine in it (the 1.3). Extremely easy to mod on the cheap (no not a drilled out exhaust and some plastic tat glued on).

Basicly
1. With the CG13DE your getting about 80bhp. You can swap out for some CG10DE (1.0 k11 micra) cam shafts which are higher lift and get you a bit more top end and a snappier throttle response... you can pick these up out of a scrappy for essentially free.

2. A CG10DE gearbox also bolts right on to the CG13DE and gives a shorter gear ratio (with 80-100bhp on a small track / public highway your not getting over 100mph anyway. Faster 0-60 is better)>

3. IF you can find one (they are somewhat rare) Nissan Almera GTI brake rotors and calipers bolt right onto the micras wheel bearings. This is a FANTASTIC mod again for essentially free if you can find a written off almera (NOT PRIMERA, i made that mistake although the fitting looks extremely similer).

4. Another scrappy mod pick up a GA16 or GA14 air box(you can scavenge these from an older Primera or Almera)

5. The micra NEEDS a stiffer suspension than it has stock if you wanna get anywhere with it. id recomend a cheap ~40mm sports lowering spring and a set of strut braces (about £100 worth for a set) to stiffen it up. HOWEVER if you are on the cheap you can scavange a set of springs and struts from a Corsa B or C

All 5 of them mods can be done for essentially free (I assume you have basic mechanical knowledge since your looking for a project car). Said mods are also cheaper and more effective than "chaving it up". Your mates corsa with 50kg of plastic glued onto it and a big spoiler might look... er... "better?" than the fairly stock micra but a 16v CG13 ****s on a lot of other small engines of the same age.

Micra is ugly

I just want cosmetic mods
Reply 108
Original post by Pêchethé
Micra is ugly

I just want cosmetic mods

Pfft Chav. :biggrin:. Ah well you wanted a cheap "project".

For ****ty plastic bodykits theres a ton available for corsas and saxo's
Original post by CAElite
Pfft Chav. :biggrin:. Ah well you wanted a cheap "project".

For ****ty plastic bodykits theres a ton available for corsas and saxo's

I never said bodykit

Or corsa / Saxo

I just want to get a Clio , strip it out and add racing seats
Reply 110
Original post by jusdorange
basically this;

rip it out, drive it around a few trackdays

http://www.phil-barker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_6085.jpg

Original post by Pêchethé
I never said bodykit

Or corsa / Saxo

I just want to get a Clio , strip it out and add racing seats

A'ight. I reread some of your stuff... For a new driver that seems like a good idea but invest in a set of stiffened (and lowered) springs and wider alloys. It will make your small car look pretty baller and it will do wonders at track days. Trust me :smile:
Original post by CAElite
A'ight. I reread some of your stuff... For a new driver that seems like a good idea but invest in a set of stiffened (and lowered) springs and wider alloys. It will make your small car look pretty baller and it will do wonders at track days. Trust me :smile:

No, alloys aren't my thing

Neither is slamming a car , made my mistake with my F30

You do realise this isn't my only car ?
I bid on a Clio on ebay, won

Then she said she sold it because I took too long to reply ... (2 days)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending