The Student Room Group

How long did you wait for your Access assessment results?

I'm just asking since I'm an impatient s**t and really can't wait to find out if I've been accepted, or not, for the Access to Science course I've applied for.

I attended the interview nearly 2 weeks ago, where I also did the assessment paper (Maths, English and Science), most of which seemed fairly straight-forward to me. The guy interviewing me said that so long as I passed, then he'd be very happy to have me on the course, and even skimmed through the assessment saying it looked like I'd passed and that they'd get back to me to confirm.

I realise I'm possibly just worrying over nothing, but this course means a lot to me and I'm dying to find out if I'm definitely on it in September. Do you think it's too early to start phoning the college to find out?
Depends on the colleges, I found out the day I had an interview .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I'll phone them today, can't do any harm.
Reply 3
It's frustrating isn't it. The college I applied to do it in two rounds so you have the assessment and then depending how you did you are called back for an interview. I made it through the assessment just waiting for the interview now.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hope it goes well! Let us know how you got on :smile:
In the end, it turned out that the college had cancelled the access course I'd applied for, and removed it entirely from their curicumum. I've been offered a place at another college, though, for the same access diploma (although, with a different ratio of modules); passed the interview and the level 2 diagnostic tests, and now I'm just waiting for enrolment day in July.

I'm a happy bunny :smile:
I found out the day of my interview then got a letter confirming everything just before they broke up for summer. Personally I would give it a couple more weeks then ring them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending