The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

BA Fashion at UWE: Please help!!

I'm desperately trying to figure out where to go in Sept but am completely stuck!
I'm pretty sure i've fallen in love with Bristol and UWE seems like a good uni but i'm not too sure if it's great for Fashion. I'm aware it's not always the top choice for the course.
Anybody here already completed/is on the Fashion course here?
Anybody accepted to start in Sept 2014?
Reply 1
Im the same, my interview is in a few days have u had yours and what was it like? I havent heard great reviews from it which has really made me feel unsure about going too but It seems like it has great facilities and I personally think that it wont always come down to what is the best Uni but what you make from it. Im not much help but i know how your feeling ! :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
I've had mine already. I really liked it when I went and it seems like a great place to study even if it's not high on the fashion list. The facilities were really good, and seemed like they had more to offer than some I saw in London. Everyone was really nice and helpful and I was pretty relaxed. They took us on a tour of the fashion block then gave us tea and cake lol! They called us into a room individually but it was a big room so 3 or 4 different interviews were in the same room. It was a one-to-one interview and she just asked me generic questions like 'why did you apply/want to go here?' and 'where do you see yourself in 10 years?'
I've accepted the offer now. I liked it more than others so think i'll be happiest there and I agree it's all what you make of it. Nice to know somebody understood though haha! Hope everything goes really well for you! :smile:
Reply 3
Aww that has been really helpful, thank you ! Oh they sure know how to win us over, bringing out the cake :P haha awh i know thats what I was worried about but i agree with you, you just know wheres best for you :smile: Did you study textiles or do an art foundation course by the way?Just so worried that I havent got enough textile related work to show but awh thats great thanks so much again! :smile:
Reply 4
No problem at all! :smile: I did Fashion and Textiles at A-Level then did a Foundation course, but tbh I didn't have any textiles work either. I have designs/tolies/final garments to show from my A-Level but all of the work in my portfolio was photographed. In my Foundation year I did more photography/graphic design work and it was mainly focused around Fashion. I had no textiles or samples in my portfolio. They were cool with it though because they do that kind of stuff on the course too, not just design. I think they basically just want to see that you're a talented/capable artist and you're Fashion-driven. She also asked me about inspiration and favourite designers/artists and asked me about a recent exhibition i'd been too where I saw something influential, do bear that in mind too! :smile:
When's your interview btw?
Reply 5
I had my interview today!:smile: Im in love with bristol and the course, really hoping i get a place! Yeah im the same only i studied fine art at a-level and during art foundation my works been graphic fashion based work with just abit of textiles to show but your right they were really understanding of it, one down side there was no cake in sight but I can let that one slide :P ahha thanks again btw!!
Reply 6
Oh no not the cake! Haha! Sounds like you had a good time though so that's cool! Let me know if you do get a place and accept it. Would be good to know how someone else on the same course as me is getting on :smile:
Reply 7
I know it was hard to accept ahha, awh yeah I will !:smile: did they take about a week to get back to you ? yeah course:smile:
Reply 8
Iv been offered a place! so will be seeing u in September then hah! :smile: now we just have to worry about accommodation:smile:
Reply 9
Oh brill! So it went well then hah, glad to hear it :smile:. Yeah, it took me absolutely ages to choose between accommodation but decided to get it in quick because it's supposed to be guaranteed to us before the 10th May or something x
Reply 10
yeah thankfully it did :smile: awh did you, im really hoping to get into Marketgate and what about you ?:smile: also how long after u accepted bristol as ur firm choice did it take for the uni to send u an online application form to you for accommodation ? haha i feel like everyones well ahead of it all haha x
Reply 11
Try not to worry to much, I mean I only did mine just over a week ago :smile:. Marketgate ended up being my second choice, Transom House was my first. I've heard good and bad things about both places and both seem pretty good location wise so I just went with price! It was driving me mad hah! It took 3 days. I accepted the offer on Friday and the message was there on Monday morning. Oh this was a few days ago, have you had it yet? x
Reply 12
Aw thank u yeah i applied a few days ago :smile: It was driving me mad too haha ! Even the cheapest ones are so expensive,hello part time job! I ended up with Marketgate as my first choice and Transom house as my second. Hope u get the one u want :smile: x
Reply 13
I'm doing fashion at uwe starting 2014 too :smile: has anyone done the 50 things you love/hate homework yet? Wondering how much effort everyone is going to as it seems like a lot of work? :smile: x
Reply 14
Ahh hello! I've started it but nowhere near finished. Got some pictures and that's about it.
I've been wondering the same thing too. Been at work a lot and hardly had time to touch it. Gonna have to cram some stuff into a sketchbook the week before and that's about it.
Got to read those books too :/

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending