The Student Room Group

CAT papers

Anyone know where to find some practice papers for the Classics Admissions Tests or Language Aptitude Tests from Oxford?

There is the one specimen, I've already seen, but I heard some people have access to more than that as practice?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I believe Oxford will only ever have a specimen paper on the website. Schools may collect papers from previous years, or you may be able to ask the Classics department if they have past papers from previous years, but I'm not sure whether they'd be able to send you anything. Maybe ask your teacher?
There used to be two on the Classics faculty website - but they've changed the page to a link to the oxford website with the specimen paper.

If you're doing the LAT part you might be able to find some more if you search for the MLAT papers.

Saying that, the test is designed so that practice won't help that much!
Reply 4
Original post by Lucilou101
There used to be two on the Classics faculty website - but they've changed the page to a link to the oxford website with the specimen paper.

If you're doing the LAT part you might be able to find some more if you search for the MLAT papers.

Do you know where I can find more MLAT papers (than the specimen on their website)?

Original post by Lucilou101
Saying that, the test is designed so that practice won't help that much!

Well, there's more to it than practice - it's a guide for what mental state we should put ourselves in! Having the specimen is way better than nothing but if you spend too long staring at it you'll get too familiar, and the real thing will feel very different.
Found two more modern ones - http://www.ox.ac.uk/document.rm?id=1510

And this one is oriental studies but same principle - http://www.orinst.ox.ac.uk/pdf/exam_papers/Language_Aptitude_Test.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending