The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Studying at Hertfordshire Uni itself (classrooms etc)

I'm planning on studying Marketing with Advertising at Hertfordshire University in 2014, and I was always pretty sure this was the university I was hoping on going after my exams, But recently I went to an applicant day at Huddersfield uni, just to see as maybe a back up option and I thought that that campus, although it was bigger, it's vibe was a whole lot better!

The classrooms looked more, relaxed, the decoration looked better. Both open days at Hertfordshire university I've been in a plain white walled room with no decoration, surely this isn't where lessons are taught right? It just doesn't seem as friendly and relaxed as Huddersfield. As well the course description didn't seem as in depth either, and I've applied for the same course at both universities however I got a taster session at Huddersfield which left me pretty confident, it was the course I wanted to do. However at Hertfordshire, I was completely thrown by the lack of depth into the course itself.

I'm having a bit of a panic now, seen as I picked Hertfordshire as my first choice and right now at the last minute it isn't turning out as planned. Originally I thought the vibe was good, happy with the uni, the accommodation and everything, what the university offers alongside my course is better than that being offered at Huddersfield only I feel the study environment isn't as enthusiastic or relaxed. I will be moving from the north down, so I kind of felt the need to feel involved in my course.

Can anyone shed any light on to whether, during lessons you feel part of a group? or have more exciting classrooms?
Reply 1
Original post by xxlvx
x

Picking a uni based on what colour their walls are painted is a little... odd. I'll admit that they're not the most glamorous walls in the world, but generally I don't look at them much, nor do they impact anyone's learning.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by xDave-
Picking a uni based on what colour their walls are painted is a little... odd. I'll admit that they're not the most glamorous walls in the world, but generally I don't look at them much, nor do they impact anyone's learning.

It wasn't that as such, I just didn't feel very relaxed in the rooms. I felt like am I going to be stuck in a room, which is completely plain, and I find that kind of boring and a bit to serious and not relaxed. I understand that it maybe a distraction for some students, but I thought it might have made a more relaxed atmosphere. But now I've looked into it more, I realized I shouldn't spend that much time in class rooms and hopefully I shouldn't get that bored in lessons. I'm just not used to sitting in a plain 4 walled room being taught something. It seems to "formal"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending