The Student Room Group

Pakistan sentences Christian couple to death in blasphemy case

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlligatorSky
Haha, that was a swift change Kamran. :smile:

Your point being? :smile: Infact never mind, losing brain cells against a brick wall probably isn't time well spent.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by So Instinct
The denial part is about you not being able to comprehend someone from the same country not sharing your blind patriotism.

Um, I haven't said anything about other people not sharing my patriotism.
How can you call it blind? It's up to me to like or dislike something.

Your point being? :smile:

Considering your pre-edited version said that you had to spell it out for me, are you saying that I'm like dumb or something because I didn't instantly know Kam stood for Kamran and not Kamwaljit or a billion other possible names?
Um, I haven't said anything about other people not sharing my patriotism.
How can you call it blind? It's up to me to like or dislike something.

Considering your pre-edited version said that you had to spell it out for me, are you saying that I'm like dumb or something because I didn't instantly know Kam stood for Kamran and not Kamwaljit or a billion other possible names?

Other people on this site seem to be able to work it out with relative ease.

Your point being? :smile: Infact never mind, losing brain cells against a brick wall probably isn't time well spent.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43

Excellent response.

Might as well go back to being Kam, I mean how uncool and embarrassing must it be to have a Pakistani name right?!
Excellent response.

Might as well go back to being Kam, I mean how uncool and embarrassing must it be to have a Pakistani name right?!

Excellent response.

When they're killing innocent people in the name of blasphemy and sentencing 9 month old babies to court for murder? Very.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 45
When they're killing innocent people in the name of blasphemy and sentencing 9 month old babies to court for murder? Very.

And you're saying that other countries are perfect?
Do Muslims not die because of Christians too? Do you know how many people die because of the drones sent by America?

That kid thing is pretty messed up I agree, but don't deny that messed up things haven't happened in England either.
Do Muslims not die because of Christians too? Do you know how many people die because of the drones sent by America?

That kid thing is pretty messed up I agree, but don't deny that messed up things haven't happened in England either.

Yes and it's just as embarrassing and unfortunate for them as it is for me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
Don't expect anything less from Pakistan when it comes to religious extremism and intolerance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Revolutionizer
Some people consider me pakistani. But my home land is kashmir. Azad Kashmir which is fighting to be independent from Pakistan or India. The corruption in both countries is why we want to be independent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And when you do become independent, you'll probably become another failed Islamic state while the only couple of non Islamic states are booming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
And when you do become independent, you'll probably become another failed Islamic state while the only couple of non Islamic states are booming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What in worldly matters are you blabbering on about? Why have you launched an attack on my peaceful post? Go home, I'm not starting no argument here, yet you bring Islam into it? Bitch please. Shift. Where I live is very multicultural and even holds Buddhist temples, ranging from Sikhism to Islam to Christianity to Judaism. Yes Islam is the main religion but why are you going bat**** crazy. You know nothing about it lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 50
What in worldly matters are you blabbering on about? Why have you launched an attack on my peaceful post? Go home, I'm not starting no argument here, yet you bring Islam into it? Bitch please. Shift. Where I live is very multicultural and even holds Buddhist temples, ranging from Sikhism to Islam to Christianity to Judaism. Yes Islam is the main religion but why are you going bat**** crazy. You know nothing about it lol.

It's not an attack, but a reality check. While Indian forces are keeping a broken peace at the cost of many human rights violations, Pakistan's government trains terrorists and builds anti-India sentiment (see the traitors who celebrated Pakistan's victory), I've not heard a single Kashmiri complain about the various jihadi groups (who happen to be Muslim) but they hate the Indian army (comprised of Hindus and Sikhs) and have been vocal to my face.

Pakistan and Bangladesh had lots of temples, stupas, monasteries etc... Such is the nature of Islam, they are destroyed, being destroyed or will be destroyed. There is no way that Kashmir with such a massive Muslim majority won't become an Islamic state. You can call it a guarantee since anti-Hindu sentiment is the same as anti-India sentiment. What are they trying to call Shankracharya Hill now?

What kind of future will an independent Kashmir will have wedged between three powerful countries, all of which have large standing armies. Kashmir has nothing of that sort. Not to mention, every Indian has a right to Kashmir. Kashmir has been a part of what we Indians have called India for thousands of years. A few years of propaganda and misinformation does not give you the right to self-determination.

Kashmir is too beautiful and fragile to be in the hands of anyone rather than India.
Posted from TSR Mobile
As this is the same country who's police charged an infant with attempted murder, it doesn't surprise me.

Oh come on, the fact that other countries aren't perfect isn't an excuse, and Pakistan is objectively worse than most western nations.
Original post by Ggmu!
It's not an attack, but a reality check. While Indian forces are keeping a broken peace at the cost of many human rights violations, Pakistan's government trains terrorists and builds anti-India sentiment (see the traitors who celebrated Pakistan's victory), I've not heard a single Kashmiri complain about the various jihadi groups (who happen to be Muslim) but they hate the Indian army (comprised of Hindus and Sikhs) and have been vocal to my face.

Pakistan and Bangladesh had lots of temples, stupas, monasteries etc... Such is the nature of Islam, they are destroyed, being destroyed or will be destroyed. There is no way that Kashmir with such a massive Muslim majority won't become an Islamic state. You can call it a guarantee since anti-Hindu sentiment is the same as anti-India sentiment. What are they trying to call Shankracharya Hill now?

What kind of future will an independent Kashmir will have wedged between three powerful countries, all of which have large standing armies. Kashmir has nothing of that sort. Not to mention, every Indian has a right to Kashmir. Kashmir has been a part of what we Indians have called India for thousands of years. A few years of propaganda and misinformation does not give you the right to self-determination.

Kashmir is too beautiful and fragile to be in the hands of anyone rather than India.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Kashmir is like Scotland or Ireland to England. No way does it belong to India or Pakistan, and definitely not India. If anything Pakistan has more control over it, if not all control. But right now it is more in the citizens hands, and is already an Islamic state, I don't see a problem with that, nothing is wrong with that. I am referring to an offset of the wider Kashmir , Azad Kashmir, which translates to free Kashmir, it is under Pakistan control, but is controlled by the citizens and its own little group of group of controllers. And as for the wider Kashmir, which Pakistan has most control of, is no way Indian, or even close to India, looking at this.
India's State Terrorism: Killing Catalogue
Killings
Since 1989
August 2002
Houses/Shops Burnt
Since 1989
August 2002
Orphaned
Since 1989
August 2002
Women Molested
Since 1989
August 2002
Widowed
Since 1989
August 2002
Incarcerated
Since 1989
August 2002
Maimed
Since 1989
August 2002
Missing
Since 1989
August 2002
Custodial Killings
Since 1989
August 2002
Reply 54
Original post by ThatPerson
Oh come on, the fact that other countries aren't perfect isn't an excuse, and Pakistan is objectively worse than most western nations.

I'm not saying that it's an excuse, I'm just saying that every country has it's flaws.
Malaysia had an incident similar to the kid being arrested, but no one seemed to make a big deal out of that.

"Judge Rafaqat Ali Qamar ordered the inspector to be suspended and granted the child bail"

The inspector was retarded and got suspended, the child was granted bail.

GET OVER IT.
Reply 55
Kashmir is like Scotland or Ireland to England. No way does it belong to India or Pakistan, and definitely not India. If anything Pakistan has more control over it, if not all control. But right now it is more in the citizens hands, and is already an Islamic state, I don't see a problem with that, nothing is wrong with that. I am referring to an offset of the wider Kashmir , Azad Kashmir, which translates to free Kashmir, it is under Pakistan control, but is controlled by the citizens and its own little group of group of controllers. And as for the wider Kashmir, which Pakistan has most control of, is no way Indian, or even close to India, looking at this.
India's State Terrorism: Killing Catalogue
Killings
Since 1989
August 2002
Houses/Shops Burnt
Since 1989
August 2002
Orphaned
Since 1989
August 2002
Women Molested
Since 1989
August 2002
Widowed
Since 1989
August 2002
Incarcerated
Since 1989
August 2002
Maimed
Since 1989
August 2002
Missing
Since 1989
August 2002
Custodial Killings
Since 1989
August 2002

No point us arguing this point, you don't know anything of Hindu or probably even Indian literature. As said in the first pieces of Indian literature, Bharat Khand stretches from the Himalayas to Kanyakumari.

There is no successful Islamic state. They're virtually all a failure or have something deeply wrong with them which will cause their demise.

Religious states = failed states/on the road to becoming failed states.

I can't understand those statistic there.

Yes, Pakistan have whipped up lots of pro Islam, anti Hindu and anti India sentiment. Kashmiri pandits have been driven out and (I have no evidence so please don't ask for any) I wouldn't be surprised if the last of the Hindu girls were being forcibly converted and painfully assimilated into Islam, like they are doing in Pakistan (of which you think Kashmir shares more with than India).

Statistics are unfair game too. I think lots of statistics are covered up in Pakistan. They may be corrupt in India and steal even penny, but the vociferous media and anti government sentiment means the entire world knows of India's flaws but I doubt the validity of any information from Pakistan. These stories of minors being arrested or the odd blasphemy case are the tip of the iceberg.

I wonder how long the Islamists will tolerate the name Kashmir for too. Shankracharya Hill got too much for some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm not saying that it's an excuse, I'm just saying that every country has it's flaws.
Malaysia had an incident similar to the kid being arrested, but no one seemed to make a big deal out of that.

"Judge Rafaqat Ali Qamar ordered the inspector to be suspended and granted the child bail"

The inspector was retarded and got suspended, the child was granted bail.

GET OVER IT.

"granted bail"?:lol: He should never have been charged or suspected in the first place.

Once again, every country has it's flaws (America for example has a Gun problem), but Pakistan has extreme flaws - such as using the ISI to fund terrorist groups, particulary the Taliban to use as a proxy to control Afghanistan, plus it's extremely religious, which leads to ridiculous rulings (like the one mentioned in the OP).
Reply 57
Original post by ThatPerson
"granted bail"?:lol: He should never have been charged or suspected in the first place.

Once again, every country has it's flaws (America for example has a Gun problem), but Pakistan has extreme flaws - such as using the ISI to fund terrorist groups, particulary the Taliban to use as a proxy to control Afghanistan, plus it's extremely religious, which leads to ridiculous rulings (like the one mentioned in the OP).

I don't see how that's so funny. Yeah it was funny and pretty retarded that he got arrested, but he obviously will be granted bail.

Yeah Pakistan has flaws, what's your point?
Reply 58
The executions will unlikely take place as there will be appeals which will be sent to the Pakistani Supreme Court. There may still be charges, but I can't see them carrying through with the death penalties, largely because Pakistan has a de facto moratorium on the death penalty which should mean they won't use it. We just have to hope that the higher courts in religious states like Pakistan veto these kinds of radical and unnecessary sentences.
I don't see how that's so funny. Yeah it was funny and pretty retarded that he got arrested, but he obviously will be granted bail.

Yeah Pakistan has flaws, what's your point?

My point is that sponsoring terrorism and religious extremism is a pretty big ****ing flaw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending