The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariamgy
No, unfortunately I haven't. Have you?

No, I'm an overseas student so that is near to impossible :frown:. Are you planning on going for any open days?
Original post by michellejaffa
Why have Bristol still not replied to meeeee

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
STILL waiting on Durham. Gahhhh.
Is anyone planning on taking a gap year?
Original post by *Stefan*
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

End of November, is it normal to be waiting for a reply in March?
(edited 9 years ago)
End of November, is it normal to be still waiting by March?

Hmm... As far as I know, they have this process where they make offers to people they really want, and wait until March to see who's gonna firm/insurance/decline. If more of these people decline or insure, they'll make more offers. It's pretty complicated and if you're really worried you should email them.

What's your LNAT score if I may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when you can apply for accommodation at Kings cause the page just keeps saying 'we are currently updating this page'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Missgeehughes
Is anyone planning on taking a gap year?

Only if I don't get the required grades, and after the mock exam I had today it's not looking likely!
Original post by *Stefan*
Hmm... As far as I know, they have this process where they make offers to people they really want, and wait until March to see who's gonna firm/insurance/decline. If more of these people decline or insure, they'll make more offers. It's pretty complicated and if you're really worried you should email them.

What's your LNAT score if I may ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it says on their website that they should reply to applicants within 8 weeks so i might do, thanks. 20 not great to be honest. Good enough for Durham though but i loooove Bristol :frown: if i get an offer from Bristol ill have no idea how ill choose between the two
Original post by egray09
Only if I don't get the required grades, and after the mock exam I had today it's not looking likely!

I'm sure you'll be fine! Mocks aren't everything. Last year I got ACDU and then AAAA in my actual exams haha!
Just got my offer from Durham wooohooo~ Rejected by kings but got offers from bristol nottingham n durham, still not sure which uni to firm tho. Hope I don't get rejected by UCL too...
Original post by stichybabe
Guys,

I am now facing the biggest dilemma in my life.
Choosing between LSE and UCL for my firm choice,
what is your advice for me (international student).

LSE certainly! it has the best job prospects and contacts with major law firms in the city. It is the most central university (after Kings) so you can walk around London quite easily.
Also as an international student there are a lot as well at LSE AND english students so you have a nice mixture.
Congratulations on both!
Anyone heard from University of Edinburgh?
I applied to law and international relations..
I'm sure you'll be fine! Mocks aren't everything. Last year I got ACDU and then AAAA in my actual exams haha!

That's true, I don't remember doing too well in mine last year either. I need AAA to get into Warwick, so hopefully I'll do it!
Are you thinking of taking a gap year then?
Original post by egray09
That's true, I don't remember doing too well in mine last year either. I need AAA to get into Warwick, so hopefully I'll do it!
Are you thinking of taking a gap year then?

Yeah I'm hoping so. I had a chat with a governor at my school who gave me a mock interview for cambridge (he's a professor there) and he advised me to because of the strength of my mock, and the feedback from my real interview.. Also I haven't yet received offers from KCL or Warwick so it's all very uncertain! Definitely considering it.
Hi guys, so I was actually wondering if I should withdraw my application to SOAS (they haven't gotten back to me yet) and apply for Nottingham through extra instead. Is it worth a shot? What are the chances of getting an offer from SOAS, since it's been so long. Some background info, international applicant applying with a diploma gpa and LNAT score 24. Hope anyone can help! :smile:
Original post by ddalgi
Hi guys, so I was actually wondering if I should withdraw my application to SOAS (they haven't gotten back to me yet) and apply for Nottingham through extra instead. Is it worth a shot? What are the chances of getting an offer from SOAS, since it's been so long. Some background info, international applicant applying with a diploma gpa and LNAT score 24. Hope anyone can help! :smile:

Do you have any other offers?

What subjects were those?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coconuthead--
What subjects were those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

History, English Literature, Politics and Psychology
Why have Bristol still not replied to meeeee

I haven't heard either and my LNAT is 20 too! Applied 23rd October :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest