The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by law2015
has anyone got an offer or heard from UCL? I applied in November and still haven't heard back.

yeah i have, but for law with german law and im a post a2 applicant so...
Original post by MG1762
I'd personally go for Bristol. I think it's law school has a better reputation overall. Are you doing the IB?

Any reason why? :smile: Nope, A-level student here.
Original post by Kav123
Thank you for replying! Why would you choose Warwick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I prefer a campus uni over a city uni as it had more of a student feel. Moreover the prestige of Warwick probably edges the other two so that would be my reasoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wagwan
Hi everyone, so i got conditional offers from RGU (B at H- my back up choice), Aberdeen for Law with French Law and Law with English law (Both for AB) and Law at Edinburgh (AA)....I think i can pull off the grades but I CANNOT DECIDE WHERE I WANT TO GO! ahhhhh. Im going to the applicant days for aberdeen and edinburgh so i can get a better feel of the places, but im still torn. I would love to live in edinburgh and go to such an amazing uni, but the LwEL course at aberdeen is the course i want to do! Im also kind of struggling with the idea of taking a gap year, since after i applied for uni my school life went down hill and has become extremely difficult due to my schools lack of teachers (and professionalism, in my opinion). So im not completely sure i want to dive straight back into education again. AHHH TOO MANY DECISIONS. Anyone got any advice for me, please? :smile:
Bristol or Kings?
LSE for sure! it has greater job prospects and is highly regarded internationally (UCL also but LSE seems more so). It has the best connections in the city to work and alot of students go on to Oxbridge and Ivy leagues for study. Also, it is the most central university (after Kings) which is great to move around.
Original post by iano101
I'd say depends what you want, all are respectable unis - however out of those 3 I would rank them in terms or prestige/prospects as:

1. Warwick
2. Birmingham
3. Queen Mary

However they are different types of uni campuses. If you want city you should choose between Birmingham and queen Mary. If you want a campus, student hub you should pick Warwick.

My best advice is choose between city/and rural which will narrow you down. Personally it would be a decision between Warwick and Birmingham and I'd probably choose Warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would actually say Queen Mary's is the most highly regarded of the three, due to the George Hinde Moot Competition they run as well as its location in London. If you do want to work in London QM might be a better place to go for a head start on finding a job. I am going to firm QM, so I may be biased but all three are definitely highly regarded.
Original post by alexandrabrookes
Bristol or Kings?

King's
Original post by alexandrabrookes
Bristol or Kings?

I'd go with King's
Depends on what you're looking for
Really unhappy with all of my choices (QMUL, Exeter, Manchester, Edinburgh and York) so far... I withdrew from York and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh but I really just want to go through adjustment or reapply next year to better unis... :frown:
Original post by orphan_black
Really unhappy with all of my choices (QMUL, Exeter, Manchester, Edinburgh and York) so far... I withdrew from York and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh but I really just want to go through adjustment or reapply next year to better unis... :frown:

Why'd you choose these ones?
Original post by binarythoughts
Why'd you choose these ones?

Dunno... partly because I didn't have the confidence of doing the LNAT and because I assumed the LNAT unis wouldn't consider anyone with AACE at AS level. So mainly fear :P
Dunno... partly because I didn't have the confidence of doing the LNAT and because I assumed the LNAT unis wouldn't consider anyone with AACE at AS level. So mainly fear :P

How did you end up doing on the LNAT?
How did you end up doing on the LNAT?
I never did it!
I never did it!

Oh, my bad..
If you really think you wouldn't like to go to these unis, then reapplying is definitely a good option!
Oh, my bad..
If you really think you wouldn't like to go to these unis, then reapplying is definitely a good option!

No worries :smile: And yeah like I was considering Edinburgh (if they even gave me an offer) but I'd have to do 5 years of studying (including the GDL but excluding the LPC/BPTC) which is a pain...
I'd go with King's
Depends on what you're looking for

Hey,
Could you please elaborate on that?
As in, what does bristol have to offer that kings doesn't and vice versa. (x
Original post by kashni11
Hey,

I wouldn't know about Bristol because I never considered it
Out of my choices I chose King's (over UCL) because of the kind of more rounded experience it offers. I loved it when I visited
Just research them both and see which suits what you want from uni
Original post by kashni11
Hey,

The main difference between Kings and Bristol is location. Kings you're obviously in a huge city and so at times perhaps it doesn't feel quite like a university, as it doesn't have that campus feel that smaller towns/cities or rural unis have. Both are very prestigious pulling in decent employers. I'd say Kings could be that bit better if you went down the barrister route, due mainly to its location to a lot of chambers. The best thing you can do is visit both and then choose which you prefer the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending