The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucyp08
Recieved an offer from cardiff yesterday!

Well done!! when did you appply?
Sent mine on the 12th
Original post by alexandraxmarie
Ah good luck for that :smile:
How have you been preparing?

I've been doing the practice tests in the Mastering the LNAT book by Mark Shepherd, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiehan
Hey, can anyone help me?
So basically I got pretty good GCSE results but then only average AS levels, so I'm in the process of persuading my teachers to predict me AAA that I need to get in to most law courses. Are there any russell groups which are more lenient, focusing more on predictions or personal statement more than As? (I heard Nottingham was maybe?) I know that I'll get a pretty good Lnat score but I'm just worried about being too ambitious with applications and getting lots of rejections :frown:

I got into Newcastle with A*BB, I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 3623
Original post by jessiebon
I got into Newcastle with A*BB, I wouldn't worry too much.

Someone I know got into King's with A*BB too!
Original post by xjaye
Someone I know got into King's with A*BB too!

That's great! I think, like a lot of people have said, universities inflate their entry requirements to seem prestigious. However, A*BB/AAB is still only one grade below and I don't think they will budge any lower. Except if your personal statement is fantastic. I have heard one person in lectures say they got ABB but I think only a very small minority of the class have grades lower than AAB-AAA. Just revise your bum off people and do lots of past papers :-)
Reply 3625
I've gotten offers from Leicester and Birmingham, both unconditionals!!!!!!!
Reply 3626
Currently at Bristol studying Law - if you have any questions about anything, let me know - more than happy to help!
Ive got an offer at Durham and interview at oxford 😊
Hi
I need some guidance. I've been offered (conditional AAA) Warwick, Leeds, Newcastle and Manchester, all of which I will go any day. I'm predicted AAA, but I think I'll realistically get only an AAB or worse ABB. Which one of these offer the best chance that they will still accept me with lower grades than predicted? I know it is a bit of long shot but at least I would like to firm the one which offers me the best chance.
Thanks for your advice.
Original post by TheRoyalLobster
Ive got an offer at Durham and interview at oxford 😊

which Oxford college? :tongue:
Original post by IseeFire
which Oxford college? :tongue:

Magdalen 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending