The Student Room Group

Law applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has everyone sent their UCAS off and also done their LNAT's?
Interview at St. Hugh's Oxford!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bluedraycott
just got an A*AA offer from QMUL on friday! my first offer so i'm well excited :h:

when did you apply?
Original post by debbers
when did you apply?

I too would like to know.
Original post by stichybabe
We should have the law interviews at the same time as they are standardised throughout the Oxford community :biggrin: When did you get the invitation email today? I got mine around 4 o'clock ><

Well we'll probably be there at the same time! And about 3pm yesterday!
Offer from Kent!
Any gap year applicants got their unconditionals yet ? Those who already received their a-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bsm_x
That's great, congratulations! :smile: What subjects are you studying

French, English Literature, History and Govt and Politics

what about yourself? :smile:
Reply 1548
Original post by yasminzaracc
French, English Literature, History and Govt and Politics

what about yourself? :smile:

law, sociology and media. I feel as if my subjects put me at a huge disadvantage. I didn't think them through when I picked them :frown:
Original post by Bsm_x
law, sociology and media. I feel as if my subjects put me at a huge disadvantage. I didn't think them through when I picked them :frown:

they sound good- if you're passionate about them then you will do better than someone who's forced themselves to study 'traditional' subjects! Sociology gives you great background into society and how it works and media helps you be creative when university is mainly essay writing!! :smile: what units have you applied too?
Reply 1550
Original post by yasminzaracc
they sound good- if you're passionate about them then you will do better than someone who's forced themselves to study 'traditional' subjects! Sociology gives you great background into society and how it works and media helps you be creative when university is mainly essay writing!! :smile: what units have you applied too?

thanks so much, that's very true. you've made me feel so relieved :smile:
i've applied to royal holloway, surrey, qmul, city and westminster.
what about you?
Original post by Bsm_x
thanks so much, that's very true. you've made me feel so relieved :smile:
i've applied to royal holloway, surrey, qmul, city and westminster.
what about you?

Oxford, KCL, Warwick, Liverpool and Royal Holloway :smile:
Original post by Shahid786
So youre going to do the Cambridge law test thing or have you already donne it, how was that comparée to the LNAT ?

You do it at interview so I haven't done it yet, I've heard the essay section is relatively similar 😊
Reply 1553
Original post by Suzanneeekay
You do it at interview so I haven't done it yet, I've heard the essay section is relatively similar 😊

Thanks and good luck
Does anybody know which universities make contextual offers besides from Bristol, Leeds and Edinburgh?
Original post by CheekyChappie
Does anybody know which universities make contextual offers besides from Bristol, Leeds and Edinburgh?

Exeter tend to lower their requirements to AAB for disadvantaged students :smile:
I've had an email from King's saying they've reached a decision but it's not showing up on track or my application portal. Anyone who's already heard from them know how long it will take to show up?
Reply 1557
Does anyone know if once you've sent your ucas application you can switch univerisity choices? I've already got a few offers but one of the unis I haven't got an offer from yet I want to change? Is this too late? Hahaha oops :smile:
Original post by xjaye
Does anyone know if once you've sent your ucas application you can switch univerisity choices? I've already got a few offers but one of the unis I haven't got an offer from yet I want to change? Is this too late? Hahaha oops :smile:

You have a week after your UCAS has been sent by your school when you can change a university choice, if it's been more than a week then you'll have to hope the university you want to switch it to is in clearing/adjustment when it comes to results day!
I hope this helps😊
Original post by Poppy8721
I've had an email from King's saying they've reached a decision but it's not showing up on track or my application portal. Anyone who's already heard from them know how long it will take to show up?

Hello! Did they specify an acceptance or rejection?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending