The Student Room Group

Why is it OK for a woman in her mid-late 20's to go out with a teenage boy...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bassetts
I don't know if it's ok or not ok, but I'm sure most guys wouldn't be complaining. And if they do complain, they're almost certainly closet homosexuals.

the guys in those were annoyed because they girls didn't really want a long term very serious committing relationship and they did as they were older and starting to think about marriage and stuff..
Because they don't make the sandwiches anymore.
I don't see the problem with a 25 yr old going out with a 17 yr old 17 yr olds are hot.
Reply 23
I have seen more girls going out with older guys than vice versa.
I'm 19 and I've been seeing a 37 year-old... I don't see age as a factor of anything. When I get to 23-25 I'd start dating men around about the same age. I just tend to go for the "manish" look. You can't get that look with 18 year old boys.

I'm a guy. A gay guy.
Original post by kevey320
But it isnt ok for a guy in his mid late- 20s to go out with a teenage girl?

We'll Harry styles went out with Taylor swift didn't he I say it's fin age is just a number Much love xx
Reply 26
Original post by arson_fire
A woman doing that would be given some funny looks the same as a man would. There`s no double standard here.

Ok lets say a 25 year old woman had sex with a 15 year old guy it would be a bit looked down upon but nowhere near as much as a 25 year old man having sex with a pile of female 15 year olds?
Reply 27
Original post by lucaf
I have seen more girls going out with older guys than vice versa.

generally the guy is older but i mean in the context of a lets say 21 year old male having sex with a 13 year old female would be way more looked down upon than a 21 year old female having sex with a 13 year old male. the latter would be considered weird and odd but the former would be considered absolutely disgusting. i think all including me see it the same way but when i asked myself why i couldnt answer.

personally i feel its cus if the whole manipulative thing and the older girl is more likely to have sex with the younger guy because she likes him whereas the older guy ud feel is just creepy and into young girls
Reply 28
generally the guy is older but i mean in the context of a lets say 21 year old male having sex with a 13 year old female would be way more looked down upon than a 21 year old female having sex with a 13 year old male. the latter would be considered weird and odd but the former would be considered absolutely disgusting. i think all including me see it the same way but when i asked myself why i couldnt answer.

personally i feel its cus if the whole manipulative thing and the older girl is more likely to have sex with the younger guy because she likes him whereas the older guy ud feel is just creepy and into young girls

I can't speak for everyone, but Id personally consider a 21 year old having sex with a 13 year old disgusting regardless of gender...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by arson_fire
Both would get a custodial sentence if convicted. Probably about 2-3 years.

yeah I know but generally speaking Myself included (but i cant figure out why) a man having sex with underrage girls is considered worse than vice versa, vice versa is still bad yeah but i automatically keep thinking the former is worse
But it isnt ok for a guy in his mid late- 20s to go out with a teenage girl?

My brother started dating a 17 year old a decade ago. The gap
was big but they worked it out and recently got married. But that was mainly because girls mature faster than boys so she eventually overtook him lol
Reply 31
The 1/2 age + 7 for minimum age to date counts equally for both sexes
Why would a 27 year old woman want to date a 16 year old boy?😂😂
Original post by andrew2209
Because apparently a guy dating someone younger than him is "pervy", and of course, only men can be "pervs" according to many in society.

Wow. Well this is not true at all. I would suggest that it is more likely for a man to date a younger woman than a woman to do so. And women that do are deemed "cougars".
yeah I know but generally speaking Myself included (but i cant figure out why) a man having sex with underrage girls is considered worse than vice versa, vice versa is still bad yeah but i automatically keep thinking the former is worse

Underage? arent we talking about 18?
Original post by LazyBazooka
Yes. How often do you see a man get abused in a relationship?

Quite often, actually. It’s more likely to be emotional or psychological abuse than physical abuse, but physical abuse occurs also. I was recently on a counselling course and the teacher brought up a man, coming to her for drink problems. It emerged his wife was locking him in a small box in the garden and forcing him to drink a bottle of vodka or similar in there because she would say things like “That’s all you’re good for.” He was a wreck and totally living in terror of her. She was a respectable woman, I believe a teacher in a managerial role, and destroyed his life with constant emotional and psychological abuse to the point where he would allow her to confine him in a cramped space for long periods of time, while she relaxed in the house. She forced him to do counselling, because she convinced him everything was his fault, that he was a hopeless alcoholic and so on. I’m not saying it’s as common as a man physically abusing a woman, but it is not true that men are never the victims of abuse and actually the rate of such abuse is unknown because men do not speak up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending