The Student Room Group

PHYSICS G481 Mechanics paper MAY 20th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
For the calucation of B is it then: 17t+24t or something else..

??
I have no idea what you are asking or why.

Please read my post #57 again.
I've answered the question there.
Original post by Stonebridge
??
I have no idea what you are asking or why.

Ok thank you.
Can someone explain this. I looked at the mark scheme but didn't really understand it. Part 2 I'm talking about.

Original post by JackB784
Can someone explain this. I looked at the mark scheme but didn't really understand it. Part 2 I'm talking about.

Isn't it dangerous to give answers to as many sig figs as that?
Reply 64

Calculate KE of dust particle. This must be the work done to stop it in the gel.
Calculate distance of dust particle moved in gel my diameter times 200.
Force is work done/distance
Reply 65
Does anyone have the may 2013 paper by any chance :smile:
Original post by ShadowHawk

Can't wait
Did my first paper for this today and got an A which I was relieved by, I'd forgotten what ridiculous questions they asked though and what sort of answers to give! On top of which I kind of forgot how to do trigonometry which could be a slight issue considering that I think I need it in virtually all my exams :colondollar:
Original post by furryface12
Did my first paper for this today and got an A which I was relieved by, I'd forgotten what ridiculous questions they asked though and what sort of answers to give! On top of which I kind of forgot how to do trigonometry which could be a slight issue considering that I think I need it in virtually all my exams :colondollar:

I need to memorise trilateration in case it comes up...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I need to memorise trilateration in case it comes up...

I remember doing that five minutes before my exam last time, and then it did come up! :redface: But it's little things like that, where they want a specific explanation for something that I know in much more detail but just don't seem to get the marks for :unimpressed:
I remember doing that five minutes before my exam last time, and then it did come up! :redface: But it's little things like that, where they want a specific explanation for something that I know in much more detail but just don't seem to get the marks for :unimpressed:

I plan on learning it night before, then morning of :lol:
I plan on learning it night before, then morning of :lol:

I'll do a couple more papers at some point, but out of all the exams that's definitely the one I'm least worried about. Just looking back at C2 trying to work out what was actually in that module :rolleyes:
I'll do a couple more papers at some point, but out of all the exams that's definitely the one I'm least worried about. Just looking back at C2 trying to work out what was actually in that module :rolleyes:

Logs :colone:
Logs :colone:

Apparently so, although only easy ones I think/hope! Also series, which I hate...
What are you supposed to put if they ask you to define displacement or instantaneous speed? I know what they are but wouldn't know how to word it correctly.
What are you supposed to put if they ask you to define displacement or instantaneous speed? I know what they are but wouldn't know how to word it correctly.

Velocity is the speed of an object in a given direction.
Instantaneous speed is the rate of change of position at a particular time.
Hmmm is giving all answers to 3sf acceptable because the mark schemes have a lot of 2sf
Original post by Red Fox
Hmmm is giving all answers to 3sf acceptable because the mark schemes have a lot of 2sf

I always give it to 3 unless it asks specifically because they accept it.
I always give it to 3 unless it asks specifically because they accept it.

Same but I worry that a lazy examiner might mark it incorrectly:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending