The Student Room Group

I have no idea how to revise

I am stressing out soooooo fricking much. I have no idea how to remember all this information, I am so easily distracted and I just don't know any ways to revise.

My major problems are conformity, abnormality and research methods. The rest I might be able to revise but thats like half of the modules I'm doing! Help please!:frown::frown:
Reply 1
Breathe, trust me, as long as you don't get too worked up, it's possible.

Research methods are common sense, they are basically everything you've covered in the core studies, just applied to the situation they give you
Reply 2
Obviously it's important to remember the details of the case studies but really the marks come from the evaluation, learn how to evaluate and scrutinise every detail. That way you only have to remember one or two studies but you can squeeze loads out of them.
I feel your pain... I'm currently trying to prepare for PSYA3 and PSYA4 as well as a re-sit of PSYA2 from last year and I just have no idea how to balance all of the revision :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by esjae
Breathe, trust me, as long as you don't get too worked up, it's possible.

Research methods are common sense, they are basically everything you've covered in the core studies, just applied to the situation they give you

Thing is I can remember the simple stuff like field, lab, all that stuff, but then I forget some of the advantages and disadvantages! I've tried doing mindmaps and stuff so it's easy for me to but I ain't able to :frown:

Original post by Add!ction
Obviously it's important to remember the details of the case studies but really the marks come from the evaluation, learn how to evaluate and scrutinise every detail. That way you only have to remember one or two studies but you can squeeze loads out of them.

I'm good at evaluation, but the thing is I don't know how to evaluate as I don't remember the study :/
When revising psychology I find revision cards as a good way to revise, this is because you can summarise things very easily such as studies where on one side of the card you have AO1 and the other side AO2. And remember to do all the past papers as there is not much things you can be asked and the questions in your exam most likely would have came up in a previous paper
Reply 6
I'm just starting revising psych too!
Do some past papers and then you can see what topics etc you need improvement on. Then you'll know what to go back on and concentrate on a bit more.
There's lots of great resources online like 101psychology has amazing print off notes I think. Just Google "psychology as revision".
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending