The Student Room Group

Who's harder to please in a relationship? Men or women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Women, especially in the early stages, are often more selective and quicker to back out than men.
Original post by shadowdweller
Bit of a generalisation, no?

Yes. A very accurate one.
I'm more demanding and less laid back than my partner, I was relaxed before our daughter was born but then after things became a lot more stressful, I had to cook, clean take care of the baby, study, work there's never any offer of help unless I nag, or shout then my partner needs specific instructions. He has took our daughter once alone since she was born and he forgot a nappy and change of clothes she pooed all over and he called me to come and bring everything. It sometimes feels like I have 2 kids to care for bearing in mind my daughter is 9 months old so has had 9 months to watch me pack her stuff and do things. It's not that I'm demanding as such but my life has changed so much suddenly im responsible for everything and he carries on like nothing has happened, I have to ask him to make her a bottle , change , make her lunch or it doesn't happen he doesn't automatically do things lol. My partners 27 so not a little child but maybe I have high expectations because my dad was a single father and raised me alone and obviously he was involved in everything! !!
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Yes. A very accurate one.

Clearly you think so. That doesn't make it true though.
Reply 44
Original post by vickidc18
I'm more demanding and less laid back than my partner, I was relaxed before our daughter was born but then after things became a lot more stressful, I had to cook, clean take care of the baby, study, work there's never any offer of help unless I nag, or shout then my partner needs specific instructions. He has took our daughter once alone since she was born and he forgot a nappy and change of clothes she pooed all over and he called me to come and bring everything. It sometimes feels like I have 2 kids to care for bearing in mind my daughter is 9 months old so has had 9 months to watch me pack her stuff and do things. It's not that I'm demanding as such but my life has changed so much suddenly im responsible for everything and he carries on like nothing has happened, I have to ask him to make her a bottle , change , make her lunch or it doesn't happen he doesn't automatically do things lol. My partners 27 so not a little child but maybe I have high expectations because my dad was a single father and raised me alone and obviously he was involved in everything! !!

Not sure if trolling.
Original post by james1211
Not sure if trolling.

I'm not trolling :smile: tis all true and why wouldn't it be? I find this is common in a lot of relationships after kids, and in my own.
Reply 46
Original post by vickidc18
I'm not trolling :smile: tis all true and why wouldn't it be? I find this is common in a lot of relationships after kids, and in my own.

I could not be in a relationship where i had to nag and shout at my partner!
Original post by shadowdweller
Clearly you think so. That doesn't make it true though.

Yes it does. Truth takes a prospective approach. Unless you can provide verified statistics to prove against what I've said, your point is redundant.
I voted for women even though I don't necessarily think I'm hard to please :tongue:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Yes it does. Truth takes a prospective approach. Unless you can provide verified statistics to prove against what I've said, your point is redundant.

Hold on, I have to provide proof but you don't? Fantastic logic.
Reply 50
Big ty to all the ladies for being honest and impartial in the poll. I'm actually surprised and happy to be proven wrong.
Reply 51
Is this a serious question or are we just trolling women because the answer is rather obvious no?
People who don't express their wants, needs, expectations etc. Recipe for passive-aggressiveness.
Original post by james1211
I could not be in a relationship where i had to nag and shout at my partner!

I've been with my partner for 5 years it wasn't like that when we had no responsibilities we could be carefree now we have a lot of responsibilities things need doing unfortunately I do most of the doing, so if I want things doing I have to nag which I don't like doing as naturally im a laid back person. I think some men have different mentalities like I always think of the baby needs before my own and what she needs the maternal instinct is very strong but we can only do so much before being stressed or tired so we need help.Some men think il tend to myself then the baby or they don't know what to do etc. I'm not saying this of all men of course!!
I think it depends on the couple.

There are men out there who expect A LOT from their partners. They expect dinner when they come home, they expect the house to be cleaned for them, they expect their washing to be don.. the list goes on. Even if their partner has been working all day and they get home earlier, they still expect her to do it for them and would much rather sit on their arses in front of the TV, waiting for her to do it. I think that this is expecting a lot and I'm pretty sure that a few of you^^ would expect this of your partners. A relationship should be about contributing equally.

Then again, as has already been said, a great unknown in life is not knowing what a woman wants. One of my favourite lines from P.S. I Love You is when Holly says "I'll tell you a secret ... we don't know what we want". It seems as though many women cannot be pleased because they only know what they want once they get it. Does that make sense?

Personally, I think I'm pleased reasonably easily. I wouldn't expect much from a partner, especially at this age, I would just want an equal stance in a relationship. We should both contribute equally.
Depends what kind of person you are.
Reply 56
Original post by EllieC130
I would say it depends on the individual. I'm fairly easy going though some women are definitely not.

I agree, but generally I think women
Original post by jamieTT
So if we don't get each other why don't men and women complain at the same rate?

Women complain just not as publicly. It's instead whispered in friendship circles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Obiejess
Women complain just not as publicly. It's instead whispered in friendship circles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously? Take a look at the poll results. Or real life around you. Fulfilling a man's needs is like filling up a jeep at a gas station, keeping a woman happy is like tunning a F1 car. Please respond with at least a dose of reality. Please, just please.
Original post by Over2you
Lol no brainer really. From my experience, Women def demand more. Not a generalisation, just from what I've seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what constitutes a generalisation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending