The Student Room Group

Why do people pout in pictures?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dont know
They try and look sexually enticing and then complain when they get sexually assaulted.
Reply 22
Because they are butters and think looking like they just had a sip of lemon juice makes them look better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe they do it with a sense of irony, like they're intentionally pulling a funny face...nope, definitely not that. In the end they just look like the invisible man is suctioning their lips with a vacuum cleaner. But it's their photos, I guess people can do what they like in them.
Original post by Sunny_Smiles

I always thought that the pouty face looked a bit creepy - a smile will always look better :lol:

Imma get nightmares because of the guy on the right.
Original post by Wisefire
I always walk around, sucking the inside of my cheeks, making my cheekbones stand out, when I pass girls on the street. I am sad.

Why? Are you trying to scare them?
Original post by Wisefire
Even if I scare them, I'd have made myself more noticeable in the world, and that's awesome, for me, no matter what the reasons are for. Of course, I'd much rather want a positive outcome; and, usually, pouting genuinely makes me look miles better. Nothing hostile being done, and I've received looks from time to time...

Yeah, keep thinking that.
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Imma get nightmares because of the guy on the right.

the girl in the picture looks good doing the "face" but usually when most girls try it it just ends up looking more like the guy on the right :lol:
the girl in the picture looks good doing the "face" but usually when most girls try it it just ends up looking more like the guy on the right :lol:

I know where to look when I wanna stay awake.
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
I know where to look when I wanna stay awake.

in fact most girls look like this when they attempt it:

Reply 30
The pout face makes you look good. I do it when I ever I see the flash of a camera. #Papz
in fact most girls look like this when they attempt it:

OK. Awkward.
Why is it anyone elses business?

I could post that sentence on so many threads on here :redface:

But erm, I think some do it ironically, others do it to accentuate their cheekbones and others do it because they think they look cute/attractive. I remember Keira Knightley once saying she did it because she felt insecure. Thank God shes more confident now because she looked like such a dick.

I always thought that the pouty face looked a bit creepy - a smile will always look better :lol:

Look at my picture. Nailed it!! :biggrin:
And why do boys squint and do that stupid thing when they crease their foreheads?? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
And why do boys squint and do that stupid thing when they crease their foreheads?? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, it's still annoying though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
The worst thing is those girls who have mammoth lips, but anyway trawling through 72 duck face selfies is why I've deleted most the people off my instagram, it's boring and unnatractive.
Original post by majmuh24
Because it's considered cool to look like a duck. That's all I can think of :dontknow:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol yeah, don't they call it a duckface or something?

Looks a bit silly imo.
Original post by The_Dragonborn
Lol yeah, don't they call it a duckface or something?

Looks a bit silly imo.

Yh they're called that and they look ridiculous :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest