The Student Room Group

How much revision are you aiming for over Easter?

I was planning 8 hours a day, but I'm worried I'll fall behind/burn out...

Scroll to see replies

Gonna aim for a good 30 minutes a day!
Original post by Georgiecat

I am also doing 8 hours per day. 2 hours per subject.:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I think I'll just set a number of topics or past papers I want to do a day rather than set a number of hours. Because I've noticed that If I say, for example want to do 2 hours of revision, about 30-40 mins of the 2 hours is actually me revising so I don't think it's very productive to think like that.
8-10 ish but I have hour breaks in between every two hours of work so I won't over work myself :smile:
Wut.

So much revision.

You could learn the entire exam and revise within 8 hours, jheeze.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Wut.

So much revision.

Lol. I tried this last yr and did badly.
5+ hrs a day

It's about quality, not quantity. 8 hours is probably a little too much, but if you use that time well, and take regular breaks, you shouldn't have trouble. I'm doing 3 two-hour periods a day, or 2 on days I go out (which you should do), not including breaks.

Gonna aim for a good 30 minutes a day!

Is that a joke
Original post by keromedic
Lol. I tried this last yr and did badly.
5+ hrs a day

Yeah, well we'll see. I'm not learning a whole exam, 30 mins a day is plenty.

Original post by SoggyTractor
I
Is that a joke

No it's not, why?
Yeah, well we'll see. I'm not learning a whole exam, 30 mins a day is plenty.

No it's not, why?

Ok, I can see why it might not be a joke. But I can't see why you can't see why I thought it was a joke. 30 minutes isn't much.
Reply 10
Wut.

So much revision.

Well clearly not everyone has your vast intellectual capacity /sarcasm/

Original post by Lord Fifa
I think I'll just set a number of topics or past papers I want to do a day rather than set a number of hours. Because I've noticed that If I say, for example want to do 2 hours of revision, about 30-40 mins of the 2 hours is actually me revising so I don't think it's very productive to think like that.

Yeah, I have allocated topics to each session, but that's a helpful tip - thanks :biggrin:

It's about quality, not quantity. 8 hours is probably a little too much, but if you use that time well, and take regular breaks, you shouldn't have trouble. I'm doing 3 two-hour periods a day, or 2 on days I go out (which you should do), not including breaks.

So you think around 6 hours would be more sensible?
Well clearly not everyone has your vast intellectual capacity /sarcasm/

Lmao, if you're gonna be working 8 hours a day for a level exams... Actually dw, gl
Reply 12
Lmao, if you're gonna be working 8 hours a day for a level exams... Actually dw, gl

Excuse me?
I'm aiming for 2/3 hours, but i wouldn't kid myself and say 5 hours or more . . . lets face it 80% of that would turn into procrastination. Anyway, the amount of revision depends on your subjects, 2 of mine are languages so they don't require much and the other 2 (maths and economics) require some more. It also depends on how much you need revision - if you are genuinely good at your subjects and enjoy them chances are you won't need to revise as much as someone who lacks ability and is just doing them to impress.
Original post by Jophesxi
Because you sound boastful

Meh, I don't see the point in churning away for 8 hours a day, that's absolutely ridiculous.

The amount of content there is, if you can't remember it and apply it within like an hour revision a day for weeks on end, you probably aren't good enough for the grade.

I mean, if someone needs to put in 8 hours a day for an A grade, it just says something. determined, maybe... But bit pointless

Excuse me?

You're excused.
Ok, I can see why it might not be a joke. But I can't see why you can't see why I thought it was a joke. 30 minutes isn't much.

30 minutes of productive revision is A LOT.

I'd say if you do a past paper, then you add that extra. I mean 30 minutes revision, not including past papers. But even then I think it'd be 10 mins on each subjects revision a day max, then 2 past papers at the end of the week
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
i am aiming for 6+ hours a day..have to otherwise am screwed completely
Reply 17
Aiming for 6+ hours since I have a pile of past papers to complete! :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alludeen1
I'm aiming for 2/3 hours, but i wouldn't kid myself and say 5 hours or more . . . lets face it 80% of that would turn into procrastination. Anyway, the amount of revision depends on your subjects, 2 of mine are languages so they don't require much and the other 2 (maths and economics) require some more. It also depends on how much you need revision - if you are genuinely good at your subjects and enjoy them chances are you won't need to revise as much as someone who lacks ability and is just doing them to impress.

Agreed. Languages require 0 hours of revision!

Maths just some practise
Econ I don't do, but I think it's a lot more work
Reply 19
Meh, I don't see the point in churning away for 8 hours a day, that's absolutely ridiculous.

The amount of content there is, if you can't remember it and apply it within like an hour revision a day for weeks on end, you probably aren't good enough for the grade.

I mean, if someone needs to put in 8 hours a day for an A grade, it just says something. determined, maybe... But bit pointless

You're excused.

??

There's a lot of content and I highly doubt there are many people able to achieve top marks with as little revision as you suggested. If it takes a person 8 hours a day to achieve an A grade, so be it - it reflects their willingness and determination to succeed as well as a good work ethic. It's also certainly not pointless, not if something does well.

Quick Reply

Latest