The Student Room Group

Can i get maintenance grant from student finance for 2nd degree?

hi ive recently got into medicine after doing biomed. I read somewhere that students may still get maintenance grants from student finance for 2nd degree but not sure as i also know u dont get student finance for 2nd degree. im eligible for maintenance grant as i got it for my first degree
so bit confused :/ what sort of financial aid can i apply for?
Original post by ihateusernames
hi ive recently got into medicine after doing biomed. I read somewhere that students may still get maintenance grants from student finance for 2nd degree but not sure as i also know u dont get student finance for 2nd degree. im eligible for maintenance grant as i got it for my first degree
so bit confused :/ what sort of financial aid can i apply for?

Usually you would be eligible for nothing for a 2nd degree. However, medicine is one of the exceptions to the rule.

I believe you will receive a maintenance loan, and the NHS covers some of the tuition fees. I cannot say 100% what is paid and in which years. But you will be eligible for some funding for studying medicine as a 2nd degree.
Original post by Knalchemist
Usually you would be eligible for nothing for a 2nd degree. However, medicine is one of the exceptions to the rule.

I believe you will receive a maintenance loan, and the NHS covers some of the tuition fees. I cannot say 100% what is paid and in which years. But you will be eligible for some funding for studying medicine as a 2nd degree.

thanks - i got into normal 5 yrs not the grad entry tho so i dont think the nhs pays for anything except ur final year :frown:

really dont know how im gonna fund this degree
Original post by ihateusernames
thanks - i got into normal 5 yrs not the grad entry tho so i dont think the nhs pays for anything except ur final year :frown:

really dont know how im gonna fund this degree

Just found this site - http://www.money4medstudents.org/england - it says you'll have to fund tuition fee's yourself for the first 4 years. You will receive a maintenance loan though.

In your final year NHS covers the cost of tuition & an NHS bursary.

Look at scholarships with the university :smile:
Reply 4
Well done. GEM is even hard to get into than undergrad; you should be proud.
Original post by Iridescenzo
Well done. GEM is even hard to get into than undergrad; you should be proud.

lol look again i only got into undergrad - i didnt even apply grad entry cos i thought i wouldnt even get into undergrad (kinda regretting it now tho)
Original post by Knalchemist
Just found this site - http://www.money4medstudents.org/england - it says you'll have to fund tuition fee's yourself for the first 4 years. You will receive a maintenance loan though.

In your final year NHS covers the cost of tuition & an NHS bursary.

Look at scholarships with the university :smile:

thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending