The Student Room Group

School memories

what were your favourite school memories or what can you remember?

for me

Primary School

Forgetting it was non uniform today and having to get my mum to bring in different clothes for me to get changed in the toilets

going into school to find out there was no water in the school so getting to go home at about 9.15

Secondary School

Running into my mate and knocking pasta sauce onto him.

Scoring from the halfway in line in PE and the goalkeeper falling over while trying to stop it.

Seeing two Year 11s fighting in the first week of Year 7 in the main hall.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiding a brick in my brother's school bag that he carried to school.

When the absurdly PC headmaster got completely freaked out by which minority he should pander to. There was a competition to design a cover for the Christmas Concert programme, and it was ostensibly won by a deaf kid, but it featured angels and a manger. The head originally overruled it due to being "too religious", then panicked and reinstated it as a sop to the disabled. Then went overuled again, and finally reinstated it after realising the only other entries were either rubbish or absurd (one depicted the Crucifixion).

Having Protestants vs Catholics football and Asians vs the Rest football.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Seeing your mate slip over onto his backside in the Ice on the way home from school.
Reply 3
When I fainted because i made my face go too red (it was going purple).
Reply 4
seeing the teacher fall a sleep and calling us the wrong name.
Year 11:

This was back in 2010, we had a snowball fight against the year 9's & 10's, and we beat them both. We absolutely destroyed them that day.
Original post by hbk4894

going into school to find out there was no water in the school so getting to go home at about 9.15

This happened to my in high school once, except instead of 9:15 it was 3:15 :mad:
I was a Monday and they knew the water was off on Sunday so they shouldn't have opened at all.
We did get the next two days off, though.
Original post by hbk4894
what were your favourite school memories or what can you remember?

for me

Primary School

Forgetting it was non uniform today and having to get my mum to bring in different clothes for me to get changed in the toilets

Secondary School

Running into my mate and knocking pasta sauce onto him.

Scoring from the halfway in line in PE and the goalkeeper falling over while trying to stop it.

Seeing two Year 11s fighting in the first week of Year 7 in the main hall.

In year 10, 3 lads who where in my year where doing some break time prank and it went wrong. They ended up setting fire to the whole 6th form block.
Primary School

-There was a boy that sometimes buy hotdog, put it at his crotch and chase girls with it.

One day, I made a new friend and we were running around like idiots in the parking lot.
I tripped, fell, slid on the ground and hit my head on a wall with a rock protruding out of it. i thought i was fine and got up to dust myself off. Suddenly, crowd of students formed around me and someone shouted in a horrified voice "Why aren't you bawling?!" Confused, I decided to put my hand on my forehead only to find that my hand was covered in a lot of blood after removing it.
I got 3 stitches in my forehead and I kicked the doctor twice during the process (I was awfully scared of needles and had to be restrained by two adults)

-I won a school raffle for a large toy lamb filled with candy.

High School

- I won a gold medal during sports day.

- A crazy man somehow managed to get through the school gate with a machete (the hell?) and he started swinging it widely. The security guard was a real wussy:colonhash: The rest of us ran for our lives lol. Even a girl who walked with crutches, threw them to the side and hopped like a kangaroo on one leg.

College

-Did random stuff during some classes without getting caught
By the end of the semester i crocheted a belt, a laptop case and made flowers to give
away for valentine's day

-Other stuff I prefer not to mention lol
Primary School
- Wetting myself 5 times in one day in Reception. The Welfare Officer must've HATED me...
- Couples getting 'married' at break then running away from eachother when they had to kiss.
- When there was a REAL FIRE and our teacher didn't realise we had to evacuate the building (she was fired afterwards)

Secondary School
- When two boys were playfighting and managed to smash through a glass door whilst effectively looking like they were hugging eachother xD
- In Year 7, my friend ran down the hill and the rest of us were like 'she's going to fall' and she did, ended up completely covered head to toe.
- Someone fell into an enclosure at the zoo and was awkwardly stuck there whilst we contained our laughter/called the teacher.
- Feeling like an absolute idiot on school trips because our school uniform was a tracksuit.

Sixth Form
- Getting absolutely smashed at school's Christmas party (it was still ****) and everyone thinking we'd gone missing - we were legends the next day!
- Taking selfies on our teacher's iPad when he left the room which he didn't realise were there until he was showing pictures of his new flat to his grandparents and parents and they said 'ooh, so these must be your students then?'
- Ridiculously attractive teacher walking back to his room topless after taking a shower on a trip :colondollar:
:facepalm2:Kids urinating and trashing classroom. They never found out who it was too. :trollface2::facepalm2:
Reply 11
Best Primary School: Playing Harry Potter pictionary in the back of the class
Worst Primary School: Watching our French teacher have a breakdown because a boy threw a chair at her :frown:

Best Secondary: Every Mandarin class, going to Germany and China, sixth year in general, macarena with my music teacher, my AH music class, accidentally setting some fehling's solution on fire (blue flames everywhere!), H chemistry bench, choir... Basically, 5th year onwards!
Worst Secondary: 3 day activities-got put in a group with 2 b****** who are best friends and told to go hike with them...
Or the time where I had a dream that a friend left for America, so decided to come in the next day and pretend she had told me she was leaving as a joke... Turned out that she was actually leaving, and was going to tell me that day-just not for America.
Reply 12
Original post by Manitude
This happened to my in high school once, except instead of 9:15 it was 3:15 :mad:
I was a Monday and they knew the water was off on Sunday so they shouldn't have opened at all.
We did get the next two days off, though.

i know they shouldnt have opened my primary school.

also remember a bus catching fire at the college i went to at the end of the day.
Reply 13
also someone got knocked out with a boot bag.
Primary: Playing Mary in the nativity play and falling off the stage, throwing baby Jesus into the air as I did so.

Secondary: Faking any and every illness to get out of PE.

Sixth form: Climbing over the back wall when skipping out of school early and ripping half my skirt off on the jump down.
Favourite Secondary memory has to be the time we were sat in Drama and a girl's chair collapses and she's just sat on the floor in shock, and the boy next to her is literally (and I mean literally) rolling on the floor and laughing. It takes him a full 10 minutes to stop laughing :biggrin:
really liking this thread.
Original post by moggington
Primary School
- Wetting myself 5 times in one day in Reception. The Welfare Officer must've HATED me...
- Couples getting 'married' at break then running away from eachother when they had to kiss.
- When there was a REAL FIRE and our teacher didn't realise we had to evacuate the building (she was fired afterwards)

Secondary School
- When two boys were playfighting and managed to smash through a glass door whilst effectively looking like they were hugging eachother xD
- In Year 7, my friend ran down the hill and the rest of us were like 'she's going to fall' and she did, ended up completely covered head to toe.
- Someone fell into an enclosure at the zoo and was awkwardly stuck there whilst we contained our laughter/called the teacher.
- Feeling like an absolute idiot on school trips because our school uniform was a tracksuit.

Sixth Form
- Getting absolutely smashed at school's Christmas party (it was still ****) and everyone thinking we'd gone missing - we were legends the next day!
- Taking selfies on our teacher's iPad when he left the room which he didn't realise were there until he was showing pictures of his new flat to his grandparents and parents and they said 'ooh, so these must be your students then?'
- Ridiculously attractive teacher walking back to his room topless after taking a shower on a trip :colondollar:

I remember that as well
Original post by hbk4894
i know they shouldnt have opened my primary school.

also remember a bus catching fire at the college i went to at the end of the day.

That reminds me of walking home from school (in years 7-9 mainly) and the school busses going down the main road. Loads of kids used to hang long lengths of toilet paper out the toilet.
Primary
-A day of unusually British heavy rain, causing water to shoot through the lights. It was pretty weird. Students were crying around me, getting pulled over puddles. I stood there laughing with my lack of emotions.
-Being friends with guys. There was no better game than 40-40 it and the zoo game, yet girls would just play hopscotch or braid each other's hair.

Secondary
-Snow day. Got to go home.
-Last day. Got to go home forever. Until college, that is.

Quick Reply