The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
On the last daywe had to get each book signed off individually by our subject teacher otherwise they wouldn't let you leave the building!....but not as harsh as not being able to have your results, that's just taking it too far!:eek:
Reply 21
naddles
On the last daywe had to get each book signed off individually by our subject teacher otherwise they wouldn't let you leave the building!....but not as harsh as not being able to have your results, that's just taking it too far!:eek:

Well Ive always assumed its something they say so that people actually do return their books...whether they go as far as really not giving the results, I doubt it!
Reply 22
PSdilemma
Well Ive always assumed its something they say so that people actually do return their books...whether they go as far as really not giving the results, I doubt it!

Yeah its just an empty threat.
Madprof
Sell them to an army of Russian hamsters as bedding.

Sell them to an army of Russian hamsters as clothing.

Sell them to an army of Russian hamsters as reading material.

Lol, what's up with you and Russia? :biggrin:

To the question, most of my books came from school and had to be returned there, I guess that's lucky, although I would have liked to keep a couple for sentimental value (you know, to look at it and say aw and shed a tear to the good old school days) :smile:
Reply 24
the ones which are loaned to us by the college i'll be taking them back on results day hopefully, my own personal collection i bought and stuff most of its going to my sister as shes going to be doing similar subjects and a few others are waiting to be donated to the college library!
give some of the textbooks to charity etc oxfam, sell some on ebay or give them to your mates younger bro or sis so that they can use it when it's their turn,or salvage those you think you might need at uni.or better still keep them for your siblings or havea huge garage sell type thing,let the kids from your college have a look and see what they want and sell. :smile:
Reply 26
Mademoiselle Dee-chau-nelle
:eek: I swear they are not allowed to deprive students of their results. Ha! can you imagine waiting that long and then being told you can't have your results:eek: . hahahaha, I can imagine the expression on some people's faces. lol

P.S. When did they find out then?

Yeah their not, it's actually illegal, which the school finally found out a couple of weeks later... can't imagine what it was like for the students though having to wait those extra weeks!
Reply 27
tanusha-tomsk
Lol, what's up with you and Russia? :biggrin:
Lol, I have nothing against Russia, honest! :hugs:

I used to have a Russian hamster and she was ridiculously bright - figured out how to get out of the cage, how to fiddle with the water bottle, how to bite me and still look too cute for me to get cross etc. Since then, I've been in awe of them. I mean, I could never bite someone and get away with it...
you're a human,you'd either be considered a carnivore and be caste out of society or locked in a mad house,or be considered a mad man and be locked up in a mad house or....they'll kill you first before considering you were a mad person...whatever way you haven't got many options there.

Latest

Trending

Trending