The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Erasmus Student

Good evening everyone :smile:
I'm an Italian student and thanks to Erasmus project I'm going to attend University of Kent from September to June.
I have a lot of doubts but I'll try to be brief.

- Accomodation: I think that the best option is to live in the Campus, do you agree with me? My choices are Parkwood flats, Parkwood houses and Tyler Court A. Which is the best area to live in and meet new people? And is it complicated to share bath and kitchen?

- Social life: I'm quite shy, clmusy and insecure but when I'm comfortable I enjoy meeting new people and having fun. What's the general opinion about Erasmus students? Is it easy to familiarise?

- Courses: how are lessons and exams? I'm worried because I know that there are some assignments and essays to do, are they difficult?

- Language: will people make fun of me because of my accent and my grammar mistakes?

Maybe I shouldn't be so anxious but I want everything to be good because I know this will be one of the best experiences of my life.
Thanks in advance for every answer and sorry for my bad English :colondollar:
live on campus try to surround yourself with english speakers for full immersion.
people won't make fun of you for trying to speak english at all. if they do, they don't mean to be nasty, they just mean to joke around.
it will be easy to be 'comfortable ... meeting new people' by which i'm sure you mean getting drunk and getting cosy with the local fighe.

so good luck e

voglio mangiare la fighe
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm a girl so I don't want to 'mangiare le fighe' which sounds pretty rude to me even if it made me laugh.
Anyway thanks for you answer!
Reply 3
Try not to be shy and rejoice! You are very lucky to experience such a fulfilling journey, don't waste it and become the one you've always wanted to be! :ahee:
Erm. What I mean is, nobody would laugh at someone for their accent -if so, they'd be rude ********s. Don't even try to argue with that kind of people. :top:
Reply 4
Original post by Meduleysi
Try not to be shy and rejoice! You are very lucky to experience such a fulfilling journey, don't waste it and become the one you've always wanted to be! :ahee:
Erm. What I mean is, nobody would laugh at someone for their accent -if so, they'd be rude ********s. Don't even try to argue with that kind of people. :top:

Thanks for your suggestion :biggrin:
Any advice about the university?
Reply 5
I don't know this university's reputation but google it and read some reviews, they're very interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending