The Student Room Group

Undertaker lost at WrestleMania

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Dragonborn
Really silly they ended it imo. They should have let it live forever. Undertaker hasn't held as many titles as other superstars, so there won't be much to remember him for other than his awesome persona, and the (former) streak.

If they had to end it, it should have been Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, The Rock or Bret Hart. The fact he lost it to Lesnar is a bit underwhelming to me.

ikr!!!

lesner of all ppl!!! tbh i would have liked the streak to remain forever!!
what is this rubbish!!!!!

:mad:
Reply 21
Undertaker's career is dead and buried
Original post by cupcakes87
ikr!!!

Actually, Lesnar is far more capable than any other wrestler. And it was Takers decision to have brock end it, not McMahons. He's an old school guy and would never have retired without "passing the torch"
ikr!!!

It's just, looking back at his old matches and feuds from the Attitude Era, the superstars I mentioned (Rock, Michaels, Austin, Hart) were and are far more immortal, enduring characters and better wrestlers and entertainers in the ring. I remember watching Undertaker vs. Michaels at WrestleMania 25 and I can honestly say that that was one of the best singles matches I've ever watched. Undertaker, if he ever should have lost his streak (which he shouldn't) should have lost it like that, to a superstar like Michaels.

Hell, even bringing back Edge for one night would have been better. He was a cooler character, better wrestler and had a great rivalry with Undertaker. And it should have been a ladder match.
Original post by the bear
Undertaker's career is dead and buried

Sad, but a truth we'll all have to accept.
Reply 25
WWE is bringing back all their famous stars back. The new Lads are not impressive I guess.

It will end at 21-21 because age doesn't matter when the game is scripted :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The_Dragonborn
It's just, looking back at his old matches and feuds from the Attitude Era, the superstars I mentioned (Rock, Michaels, Austin, Hart) were and are far more immortal, enduring characters and better wrestlers and entertainers in the ring. I remember watching Undertaker vs. Michaels at WrestleMania 25 and I can honestly say that that was one of the best singles matches I've ever watched. Undertaker, if he ever should have lost his streak (which he shouldn't) should have lost it like that, to a superstar like Michaels.

Hell, even bringing back Edge for one night would have been better. He was a cooler character, better wrestler and had a great rivalry with Undertaker. And it should have been a ladder match.

:cry2:

tbh!! i have not been keeping up with it! i knew there was going to be another undertaker match and i was like oh ffs!!! hes gonna win!!
i was convinced and then this!!

i agree!! shawn michaels was ace!! and edge too!!!

but yeah!! i wish the streak had not ended too!
Reply 27
:cry2:

tbh!! i have not been keeping up with it! i knew there was going to be another undertaker match and i was like oh ffs!!! hes gonna win!!
i was convinced and then this!!

i agree!! shawn michaels was ace!! and edge too!!!

but yeah!! i wish the streak had not ended too!

Loved Edge, wish he had broken it at WM 24 :frown:
Original post by Gjaykay
Loved Edge, wish he had broken it at WM 24 :frown:

Reply 29

:redface:
[video="youtube;TA_ghmoJMz8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA_ghmoJMz8[/video]
Original post by Gjaykay
:redface:
[video="youtube;TA_ghmoJMz8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA_ghmoJMz8[/video]

the spear!!!!!!!

i love the way The Undertaker always finishes with his tongue sticking out!!!!
Taker losing was a HUGE MISTAKE in my opinion.

He should have retired with the streak unbroken, or lost the streak to someone else, in a hell in a cell match.

Losing the streak at WM to Mick Foley in a hell in a cell match would have been more fitting (if he was going to lose the streak).

I honestly think this will be THE most remembered moment in WWE history, and it could affect the future viewings of WM.

I imagine a certain percentage of older fans just watched WM because of Taker/the streak.
Original post by bloomblaze
Taker losing was a HUGE MISTAKE in my opinion.

He should have retired with the streak unbroken, or lost the streak to someone else, in a hell in a cell match.

Losing the streak at WM to Mick Foley in a hell in a cell match would have been more fitting (if he was going to lose the streak).

I honestly think this will be THE most remembered moment in WWE history, and it could affect the future viewings of WM.

I imagine a certain percentage of older fans just watched WM because of Taker/the streak.

It will. I actually expect a huge drop as lots of people go to WM just to see taker. Who will want to watch WWE now with the attitude era stars gone?? (except HHH, but he lost too)

Taker lost at WM and 5'8 Daniel Bryan is top dog.

R.I.P. WWE
tbf this: (context: Ali takes one last fight as an aged veteran, against a young strong brute)

'Legends die hard, his hands no longer busy, his feet no longer swift and Ali is learning that even he cannot be forever young'
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
It will. I actually expect a huge drop as lots of people go to WM just to see taker. Who will want to watch WWE now with the attitude era stars gone?? (except HHH, but he lost too)

Taker lost at WM and 5'8 Daniel Bryan is top dog.

R.I.P. WWE

Agreed.

I reckon, in years to come, this will be looked back on as a colossal mistake in WWE.

There are rumours that Taker will anounce retirement next week.

If he does retire, a lot of viewers will stop watching, WM wont be as big as it used to be.
Reply 35
I wouldn't have been as bothered if the match was actually good. It lasted around 20 mins and featured the worst tombstone and then that botched F5 at the end, when he nearly dropped him. If it would have been like his past matched when they were like an hour long it would have been okay. They shouldn't have chosen Brock though, he will be gone now and come back at summerslam for a nice big pay check. I think he should have faced Kane instead and win or lose retire. Or face a ne star like Bray Wyatt.
Original post by bloomblaze
Agreed.

I reckon, in years to come, this will be looked back on as a colossal mistake in WWE.

There are rumours that Taker will anounce retirement next week.

If he does retire, a lot of viewers will stop watching, WM wont be as big as it used to be.
This has got to be the biggest mistake since Ultimate Warrior defeating Hulk Hogan... but I guess Brock was the most legit option... Much better than fruity pebbles John Cena XD
Reply 37
Hulk Hogan would never have let that happen
Original post by A_Big_Man
Hulk Hogan would never have let that happen

I hate to say it, but im very surprised that Taker himself agreed to such a storyline....

I mean losing a 20 odd year streak to a part timer who turned his back on WWE in 2004 for like 10 years???
Reply 39
Original post by MASTER265
As long as you can act that's all you need to compete in the bull**** that is WWE

That and exceptional physique and/or athleticism and definitely pain threshold.

Quick Reply

Latest