The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by yo radical one
In your PM you provided no argument, you just linked me a neo-Nazi website which seems to claim there is a huge Zionist conspiracy which controlled both the British Empire and the modern USA and that the Jews have some sort of intricate plan which dominates everything (and a particular vendetta against the Germans)

Put the argument into your own words, try it

Pssh

you forgot the curly sideburns and the bag of Shekels

:rolleyes:

You can start with the Balfour Declaration of 1917 (yes its on Wikipedia) and end with modern neocons like:

Henry Kissinger
Zbigniew Brezezinski
Paul Wolfowitz
David Rockefeller

Go to google images and google "Obama AIPAC". The images speak for themselves.
Its not forbidden to ask the question, its been debated in history same as the number of people that died in Stalin's gulags has been debated and different answers come up.

The reason this issue is controversial is less because of the question itself and more because of who asks it.

Usually if this question comes up on the internet, the people that post "evidence" about the Holocaust being a lie/exaggeration have a thread posting/thread starting history that is almost exclusively about race based issues, racial purity, posts about Jews being responsible for banking crises/Communism/Jewish mafia controlling the USA or whatever.
Original post by Telnet
You can start with the Balfour Declaration of 1917 (yes its on Wikipedia) and end with modern neocons like:

Henry Kissinger
Zbigniew Brezezinski
Paul Wolfowitz
David Rockefeller

Go to google images and google "Obama AIPAC". The images speak for themselves.

Yeah I know the Balfour declaration happened, but that's like saying the UN condemning the Rwandan genocide is indicative of of a Tutsi conspiracy (the victims of the genocide)

Wowww **** man, some Jews are in US politics, hold the ****ing press, btw the Rockefeller family were very very Protestant (DAE Protestant conspiracy?) and Obama and AIPAC are not exactly friends

TL;DR

You're an idiot
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Its not forbidden to ask the question, its been debated in history same as the number of people that died in Stalin's gulags has been debated and different answers come up.

The reason this issue is controversial is less because of the question itself and more because of who asks it.

Usually if this question comes up on the internet, the people that post "evidence" about the Holocaust being a lie/exaggeration have a thread posting/thread starting history that is almost exclusively about race based issues, racial purity, posts about Jews being responsible for banking crises/Communism/Jewish mafia controlling the USA or whatever.

This is literally what was in the link he PM'ed me
Reply 24
This is literally what was in the link he PM'ed me

What I PM'd you was backup up by official documents, photographs, testimonies, video evidence.

You cannot contest these facts can you?

You are in denial of them so you contest the outcome alone while of ignoring the hard evidence which is what your confirmation seems to force you to do.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Yeah I know the Balfour declaration happened, but

Yea I know but... Everything will be explained away, it's only this, it's only that, it's no different to this or that...

Anything to explain away and maintain the confirmation bias. Wall Street sponsorship of Leon Trotsky... It's only this.... Drones in the United States.... It's only that ..... Middle East war fit ups.... It's only..... Secret society leaked documents.... Its only.....

The meeting at Jekyll Island... It's only.... The Benjamin Franklin 1961 speech... It's only ..... The Syrian fit up..... It's only . Hitler's finances ... It's only ......
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Telnet
But shouldn't the term Holocaust be reserved for Allied crimes like Soviet Russia's 30 to 100 million killed in the Gulag or those on Hiroshima and Nagasaki killed by Nuclear bomb due to the high number killed in such a short space of time.

Why is the worst of the worst killing known as the Holocaust reserved for something which no one can really prove and people spaz out and cut off people's freedom of speech if they manage to discredit the "holocaust theories". For example David Cole or Fred Leuchter were treated as enemy combatants for suggesting that there was no gas chambers in Germany for humans? This is what I don't understand. Why the removal of freedom of speech through censorship but only in this area?

No one can really prove? You obviously have no historical or general education then...? And you are really helping your argument with technical terms such as 'spaz'. Well done!:gthumb:
Reply 27
Original post by Telnet
Yea I know but... Everything will be explained away, it's only this, it's only that, it's no different to this or that...

Anything to explain away and maintain the confirmation bias. Wall Street sponsorship of Leon Trotsky... It's only this.... Drones in the United States.... It's only that ..... Middle East war fit ups.... It's only..... Secret society leaked documents.... Its only.....

The meeting at Jekyll Island... It's only.... The Benjamin Franklin 1961 speech... It's only ..... The Syrian fit up..... It's only . Hitler's finances ... It's only ......

can you pm me that link
Reply 28
Original post by demx9
can you pm me that link

Sent
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Joanna9
No one can really prove? You obviously have no historical or general education then...? And you are really helping your argument with technical terms such as 'spaz'. Well done!:gthumb:

Please see PM then comment.
Original post by Telnet
Yes but they also said that Iran has been building a nuke for the last few decades and that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and Syrian rebels had gassed people which turned out to be untrue. Why do you take what they say at face value.

While I believe the Holocaust genuinely occurred and a ****load of innocent people died for nothing, there is some truth in what you have just said.
Reply 31
I'm sorry, but please DO NOT pm me, with links to quite possibly the most questionable and unprofessional websites I have ever come across. The fact that the site is run by an anonymous source is the biggest issue. The fact that it looks like a site put together by a sweaty little neo-nazi in his mothers basement is another. Why would Lithuanians such as Petras Zelionka, and Germans such as Oskar Groening, neither of which reside in the US or the UK, give such detailed accounts of their participation in the Holocaust? I would love to know what your historical education or training is, as your arguments are full of holes and completely weak. If your only evidence is this website then you need to re-evaluate your way of thinking, for every 1 person you have saying that the Holocaust did not happen, I have 100 people giving accounts of their actions before, during and after. As does anyone who has a basic knowledge of history in the last 120years
Reply 32
Original post by Joanna9
I'm sorry, but please DO NOT pm me, with links to quite possibly the most questionable and unprofessional websites I have ever come across. The fact that the site is run by an anonymous source is the biggest issue. The fact that it looks like a site put together by a sweaty little neo-nazi in his mothers basement is another. Why would Lithuanians such as Petras Zelionka, and Germans such as Oskar Groening, neither of which reside in the US or the UK, give such detailed accounts of their participation in the Holocaust? I would love to know what your historical education or training is, as your arguments are full of holes and completely weak. If your only evidence is this website then you need to re-evaluate your way of thinking, for every 1 person you have saying that the Holocaust did not happen, I have 100 people giving accounts of their actions before, during and after. As does anyone who has a basic knowledge of history in the last 120years

shbokjlc.jpeg
Reply 33
Original post by demx9
shbokjlc.jpeg

And why is that?
Reply 34
Only in Auschwitz almost 4 milions people died. Today people don't speak about it mainly because of political correctness. As a result many people don't have sufficient knowledge to discuss this topic. Even Barack Obama said „polish death camp” which was deeply abusingfor Poles as almost 300 thousands Polish people died in Auschitz only. If someone denies in Holocaust today, the good idea is to go on a trip to Auschwitz, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen or just to the library to do some study.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Joanna9
The fact that the site is run by an anonymous source is the biggest issue.

The fact that its from an anonymous source should hardly be surprising seeing as people who openly state that a point of view are taken apart and attacked in the public media forum. For an official outfit to go on record saying this would be their own suicide due to the sentiments of public opinion. They would be labelled an neo-nazi outfit and the confirmation bias would continue (all you need is a label).....
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by pakmon
Only in Auschwitz almost 4 milions people died. Today people don't speak about it mainly because of political correctness. As a result many people don't have sufficient knowledge to discuss this topic. Even Barack Obama said „polish death camp” which was deeply abusingfor Poles as almost 300 thousands Polish people died in Auschitz only. If someone denies in Holocaust today, the good idea is to go on a trip to Auschwitz, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen or just to the library to do some study.

You are aware that Auschwitz has downgraded its official death count from 4 million to 1.1 million or are you not?

(yet this 6 million magic number does not seem to have moved....)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by pakmon

At least 1.1 million prisoners died at Auschwitz, around 90 percent of them Jewish; approximately 1 in 6 Jews killed in the Holocaust died at the camp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_concentration_camp

its u that has to go to the library
Reply 38
Original post by Telnet
The fact that its from an anonymous source should hardly be surprising seeing as people who openly state that a point of view are taken apart and attacked in the public media forum. For an official outfit to go on record saying this would be their own suicide due to the sentiments of public opinion. They would be labelled an neo-nazi outfit and the confirmation bias would continue......

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you use a site by an anonymous source as evidence? You don't know their background, their political motives or their education. Any one can create a website and claim anything they want. This is not absolute proof that the Holocaust did not occur. Nor is it even enough to cause reasonable doubt. That website could have been created by a credible historian, with evidence, statements and proof that the Holocaust didn't happen (which it did, the fact is that simple), or it could have been created by a neo-nazi 20something with nothing else going on his life. If you have such a controversial and quite honestly, offensive point to make, make it with hard evidence and intellect.
Reply 39
Original post by Telnet
You are aware that Auschwitz has downgraded its official death count from 4 million to 1.1 million or are you not?

(yet this 6 million magic number does not seem to have moved....)

1.1 in total, jews like 800 to 900 thousand.

Latest

Trending

Trending