The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

Bath Spa Applicants

Hey, I am opening this thread for everyone who is interested in joining Bath Spa Uni, so we can all talk amongst ourselves.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ChristianSamuel
Hey, I am opening this thread for everyone who is interested in joining Bath Spa Uni, so we can all talk amongst ourselves.:smile:

Firmed Bath Spa for Creative Writing/Publishing :smile: What course were you looking to apply for?
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Afternoon folks :smile:

Ive received an offer for commercial music and Im considering it for my first choice. Ill be coming from Belfast. Where's home for you lot?
Reply 3
Original post by Othelo
Afternoon folks :smile:

Ive received an offer for commercial music and Im considering it for my first choice. Ill be coming from Belfast. Where's home for you lot?

I'm a Devonshire dumpling :tongue: (though, minus the strong accent :wink:) Where else have you applied?
Reply 4
lol I can say nuthin' about accents, I'm gonna have to speak about eight times slower when I get over there!

Ive gotten offers from the Uni of Huddersfield, Uni of Liverpool, Manchester Met and Bath Spa so far, how about you?
Hey all, I firmed Bath Spa for Creative Writing also :smile: I'll be coming from Leeds, anyone else?
Reply 6
Original post by Othelo
lol I can say nuthin' about accents, I'm gonna have to speak about eight times slower when I get over there!

Ive gotten offers from the Uni of Huddersfield, Uni of Liverpool, Manchester Met and Bath Spa so far, how about you?

Haha! Ooh nice :smile: I've had offers from Bath Spa, Cardiff, Plymouth, Birmingham and UWE! Firmed Bath Spa though, and Cardiff is my insurance!
Hey people :smile:
I'm coming from Kent an I believe I will be putting Bath Spa as my firm for History
What does everyone think of the uni? My teachers are a bit apprehensive as it's considered quite creative rather than academic which i don't find a problem
Original post by asdfghjkl2.o
Hey people :smile:
I'm coming from Kent an I believe I will be putting Bath Spa as my firm for History
What does everyone think of the uni? My teachers are a bit apprehensive as it's considered quite creative rather than academic which i don't find a problem

For me I think it's very ideal, only because I'm doing a creative course myself. I think it will be good for you as well, if you come to do History here, because Bath has loads of history. Have you been to an Open Day?
Hiya.
I found y'alls chat because I'm trying to find out which accommodation is the best choice. I've actually accepted Bath Spa so just need to decide living. I'm guna be studying English Literature. From Stroud, in Gloucestershire so not too far :wink:
Hey!

I'm from Devon and have an unconditional offer for Business Management and Marketing :smile: I was at a different university for this year but really disliked it and cant wait to get to Bath! I still cant decide which accommodation I want yet though, split between Waterside and the cheap accommodation on campus. What is everyone else thinking of doing?

Logan
I've firmed Film and Screen Studies and will be coming from Cardiff, so not that far away :smile:
Reply 12
Hey all (:

I'm a current first year at Bath Spa and would really recommend Waterside for accommodation - it's pretty basic in terms of appearance, but the rooms are really well equipped and laid out, they also have en suites which are a really decent size. Plus the kitchen/living area is a good size as well. The price isn't bad either at around £105 per week. Charlton court is much more modern, especially in the kitchen but the rooms tend to be a bit smaller (with a slightly bigger bed than waterside) unless you pay quite a bit extra. Charlton is a lot more expensive partly because the contract is 48ish weeks, unlike Waterside which is 40. I don't know much about Bankside house but it is the nearest to Sion Hill. I live with several people that are based up at Newton park and they really like living in Waterside - the buses are pretty good for getting to Newton, although I'm sure living at Newton has it's perks, living nearer town gives you more to do and explore. If anyone has any questions please ask (:
Hi, I've firmed for business management on a conditional offer :smile: I went to applicant open day in a week ago and loved it! It is an amazing campus and the business teachers seemed really good and helpful :smile: Thinking about the garden halls as they look really nice but not sure if they will be too expensive! Find out in may :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by mollymaee95
I've firmed Film and Screen Studies and will be coming from Cardiff, so not that far away :smile:

Hey, I've also firmed Bath Spa for Film and Screen Studies, have you heard from anybody else who has?? I'm from Widnes though so I'm quite far away
Firmed for business and management :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ejmb
Hey, I've also firmed Bath Spa for Film and Screen Studies, have you heard from anybody else who has?? I'm from Widnes though so I'm quite far away

No I haven't, When i went for an open day, barely anyone went to see Film and Screen Studies :redface:
Reply 17
Original post by mollymaee95
No I haven't, When i went for an open day, barely anyone went to see Film and Screen Studies :redface:

Oh my god haha, same, well I went to one of the earlier open days. I can't find anybody!
Original post by ejmb
Oh my god haha, same, well I went to one of the earlier open days. I can't find anybody!

What subjects are you taking for A-level, if you don't mind me asking:biggrin:
Hello everyone :smile: I'm going to be studing English Lit and my other half will be studying Environmental Science. Just thought I'd say hi and hopefully get to know some people :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest