The Student Room Group

how much did you revise for a levels and what did you get?

I started revising two weeks ago and do an average about 4 hours, and I will cover all the topics before easter. I am intelligent but very lazy, I can do it, if it's not too late. I need AAA's :/
Good thread, I'm currently in year 13, I can't remember how much I revised last year because i didn't really stick to a solid structure and just did revision here and there. This year in aiming for about 3+ hours from Easter holidays onwards each day but I don't really know total because I've recently been doing 1 hour a day but some days I did nothing.
Reply 2
I didn't do much at all, probably just a few hours. I got AAB. Of course it can be done. The issue is that you can't really carry this attitude on to university as well - I'm doing it even in third year, and it simply doesn't pan out as it used to, it gives you so much more unnecessary stress, and I wish I had broken that 'habit' even earlier than A Levels. Also, tutors know at university. They really can tell by third year no matter how well you think you can hide it haha. I wish I could go back and get into being a 'good student' in this respect. P: You'll honestly appreciate it tenfold later on if you learn to sit down and get it done the 'right' way now, and then you can know that you earned it and be proud, rather than just chuckle at how close it must have been and how cheeky/daft you always are etc. You might be intelligent, but leaving everything and relying on that lucky knack of coasting through isn't really an intelligent thing to do, I've found.
Reply 3
I did between 2 and 3 hours a night broken up with breaks in between to help keep my mind fresh. I can be lazy sometimes and I really found that making a revision timetable really helped me keep on track. I set realistic revision targets on it (to avoid getting stressed over how much I had done) such as which topics I wanted to have covered and by when and put down when I was doing past papers to try and make sure I got as much experience of the exams as possible.
On top of this I was also training for the British solo ice dance championships which took place a week after I finished my exams. Keeping organised helped to motivate me to keep going through and make sure I covered everything.
I got 4 A's in maths, biology, chemistry and PE and an A in AS general studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I just revised for two days straight before, got As, but yeah I agree with above post this attitude does not work past year one at uni.
But did you start reviisng around my time, etc half way through march?
Original post by Han164
I did between 2 and 3 hours a night broken up with breaks in between to help keep my mind fresh. I can be lazy sometimes and I really found that making a revision timetable really helped me keep on track. I set realistic revision targets on it (to avoid getting stressed over how much I had done) such as which topics I wanted to have covered and by when and put down when I was doing past papers to try and make sure I got as much experience of the exams as possible.
On top of this I was also training for the British solo ice dance championships which took place a week after I finished my exams. Keeping organised helped to motivate me to keep going through and make sure I covered everything.
I got 4 A's in maths, biology, chemistry and PE and an A in AS general studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And well done with your grades !
During the last term, I revised ~3 hours every evening on schooldays (where we also spend most lessons revising) and 5-6 hours on saturdays and sundays. Over half term and study leave, I did 5-6 hours each day, perhaps more the day just before an exam.
I achieved A*A*A*A*A*a*aaa over two years of A levels (A2: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, General Studies; EPQ; AS: French, Biology, Critical Thinking)
Reply 8
Original post by kishothangathura
And well done with your grades !

It was probably a bit later on, more like around now.
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dragonkeeper999
During the last term, I revised ~3 hours every evening on schooldays (where we also spend most lessons revising) and 5-6 hours on saturdays and sundays. Over half term and study leave, I did 5-6 hours each day, perhaps more the day just before an exam.
I achieved A*A*A*A*A*a*aaa over two years of A levels (A2: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, General Studies; EPQ; AS: French, Biology, Critical Thinking)

:zomg::zomg:

How is that even possible?
Original post by ennahaspatience
:zomg::zomg:

How is that even possible?

I like studying... :colondollar: and had no social life :tongue:
I like studying... :colondollar: and had no social life :tongue:

I could never do that. I cant even do 5 A-levels. Are you a genius? where are you studying now?
I could never do that. I cant even do 5 A-levels. Are you a genius? where are you studying now?

Haha, no - I just have no social life lol :tongue:
Natural Sciences at Cambridge :smile:
Haha, no - I just have no social life lol :tongue:
Natural Sciences at Cambridge :smile:

Ha, i knew it was Cambridge.

Well, I hope you have a social life now. Good luck :smile:
Ha, i knew it was Cambridge.

Well, I hope you have a social life now. Good luck :smile:

:colondollar:

Yeah, I do try to do a few more interesting things with my life now! Maths supervision work just takes over everything though :angry:
:colondollar:

Yeah, I do try to do a few more interesting things with my life now! Maths supervision work just takes over everything though :angry:

Good :biggrin:

Well hard work is needed for success, i am sure the maths thingymajig will be worth it in the end

hahaha, I am not sure how you do it. I am hoping that in university to have more of social life as I will be away from my parents. Now, I have to get the grades to do the course I currently want to do, or else I am screwed
Reply 16
I seem to be a minority but started in summer study leave, about 1.5 weeks before my first AS retake and got AAA overall at A2 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
none basically. Also didn't show up to classes a lot and was constantly late + messing around. I found the subjects boring as hellllllllll, especially in A2 which is when I REALLY could not be bothered anymore. I got BCC I was doing 3 sciences + maths. Dropped chemistry at A2 because the textbook was boring full of walls of text that made me want to just close the book.

Physics and maths (CC) were np because you don't really need to revise for em since they're just about following rules. The textbooks had the same affect as in chemistry though.

Biology (B) was also np because the textbooks were full of pictures/diagrams and I could pretty much memorize every page after looking at them once. I'm a very visual person :biggrin:

I think only geniuses can do what I did and still get straight A*s lol
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest