The Student Room Group

Peaches geldof dead

Scroll to see replies

Tbh, I wasn't a great fan of her because of some of the things she said.

However, it is sad to see someone at such a young age with so many things to look forward to die so suddenly regardless of the cause.
(edited 10 years ago)
mickey rooney's died too today :frown:
Who?
Original post by Algorithm69
She was a vapid waste of life who didn't contribute anything meaningful to the world despite her privileged upbringing. People die everyday and you don't care. Why do you care about her?

I have no strong feelings regarding her death, since I didn't know her. I feel sad for the people that loved her, like I feel sad for anyone that loses somebody they love.

But I still didn't come in the thread just to stir up controversy. Take a look at yourself.
Reply 24
She was a vapid waste of life who didn't contribute anything meaningful to the world despite her privileged upbringing. People die everyday and you don't care. Why do you care about her?

She contributed nothing to you maybe but to others she contributed lots.
Reply 25
I must say I was really shocked about this. My heart goes out to her hubby and 2 kids. Can't believe it, only 25 years old :frown:
Reply 26
Don't see why this is news, is she even famous?

Feel sorry for the children
Reply 27
Really very shocked by this. I actually thought she was a really nice young woman, seemed to be doing some positive things for herself and her family and very down-to-earth. Pretty well spoken in several interviews, not to mention recently the bravery against horrible Hopkins. Poor Bob, too. Ack. :frown: Don't think we'll be seeing him in town anytime soon.

And nothing of importance was lost.

What is the point in commenting this?! What's the point in being such a bitter, awful person? It's so, so horrible to read anywhere, but especially on a thread just for the woman. She's a mother, for one thing, and many more things to plenty of other people. Perhaps nothing important to people such as you, but no-one needs to know that, do they?

The hell? What exactly are you doing with your privilege, what are any of us doing with ours?! She was living her own life, creating her own family. She didn't sign a contract upon being born that promised to do this and that for the earth/poverty/whatever just because her parents were famous. She was not doing anything differently from the majority of young women I know.
Someone whom people were aware of in various lights has died - they can care if they want to, just as they will likely 'care' when other strangers die. We're freaking human, it matters when people die, and you can't tell us it doesn't just because threads aren't made for every Afghan soldier or cancer victim. You really need to get off the internet. I pity you so much that you feel the need to make these bitter comments.
Reply 28
Dont get all the fuss myself.

I'm feeling peachy.
And nothing of importance was lost.

Nothing of importance to you was lost.

Ever heard the phrase: "if you haven't anything nice to say, don't say anything"?

Maybe you could give that a go?
Hello
Looking at recent pics of her, she was terrible thin, possible cardiac arrest?
Reply 33
Original post by perfectsymbology
Suicide or drug overdose I'm guessing.

I don't think so RE drugs, she's been clean for a long time and has had 2 children since she had issues with drugs. Not so sure about suicide though.
Reply 34
What is she really known for? Is she an actress, singer, artist like Amy Winehouse? I ignore celeb mags and don't get it.

Although I don't disagree with the base argument that her death is no more meaningful then non-celebrities who die everyday without any sort of feigned RIP messages from people who get back on with their lives .34 seconds after posting, calling her a waste of life seems a tad harsh. She seems to have had drug issues, but as a whole she doesn't sound like a bad person, and she is rather young, people mature for the better given the chance.
Reply 36

this is what reading Mr Hitchens does to you.
Reply 37
How very sad, so young and a mother to two. I watched her debate Katie big nose, and she seemed to have turned her life around.
Reply 38
Original post by Tcannon
What is she really known for? Is she an actress, singer, artist like Amy Winehouse? I ignore celeb mags and don't get it.

She was a journalist, presenter and model.
This is why fellas you gotta be careful who you breed . Why any self respecting man would breed a druggie i dont know now look two kids are left without a momma . Rip

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending