The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Wimbledon & accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sherbs1922
Haha sorry for being scary, I'm on her Art Foundation :smile: and she told me that her boyfriend Nic was going to Wimbledon too. So I took a guess!

Charlotte

you Guessed right :smile: she mentioned you were going to Wimbledon but it slipped my mind. nice to speak to you , I'll probably see you in September at some point im guessing :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
hey guys! yeah i've not been given an ID yet and accommodation opened yesterday... have you lot got yours yet?! i'm freaking out haha! how old are you all by the way out of interest? i've accepted fine art painting as my firm choice at Wimbledon! :biggrin: looking forward to meeting you all!:smile:
Original post by Katie.lee96
hey guys! yeah i've not been given an ID yet and accommodation opened yesterday... have you lot got yours yet?! i'm freaking out haha! how old are you all by the way out of interest? i've accepted fine art painting as my firm choice at Wimbledon! :biggrin: looking forward to meeting you all!:smile:

Hi there! If you call up Wimbledon they should be able to give it to you :smile: I actually went through Finddigs and have got my place in Furzedown, less hassle than going through UAL! I'm 19 btw and also going to Wimbledon, see you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had this panic yesterday! I thought they were going to email information but they didn't.. I phoned them up and they gave me my ID number, so then I was able to apply.
I was going to go straight to FindDigs but I think it's £10/£15 a week more?

So yeah, phone them! x :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by CarlaJean
Hi there! If you call up Wimbledon they should be able to give it to you :smile: I actually went through Finddigs and have got my place in Furzedown, less hassle than going through UAL! I'm 19 btw and also going to Wimbledon, see you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

got my student ID! see you there! :biggrin: i'm now applying for accomodation... i'm torn between furzedown student village and the glassyard building as i live in Leeds so i don't know which area is safer/more pleasant! if anyone can give me advice on that could you let me know? :smile:
got my student ID! see you there! :biggrin: i'm now applying for accomodation... i'm torn between furzedown student village and the glassyard building as i live in Leeds so i don't know which area is safer/more pleasant! if anyone can give me advice on that could you let me know? :smile:

I'm in Furzedown and I think a lot of Wimbledon people will be there if that helps? Furzedown is also in a residential area and seems to be ok. The Glassyard building is in stockwell, which from what I hear isn't the safest of areas but I suppose that's all down to opinion :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sherbs1922
Okay thanks everyone! I'm counting on them sending out emails with ID numbers on because there's definitely nothing on any of my emails so far.

(P.S. Nic - this is a weird question but are you Vicky's boyfriend by any chance?)

I'm starting BPTC at BPP Law School from September 14. BPP recommended that I contact furzedown, and so I did. They didnt need a student ID or anything, just took my word for it :/, even gave me a £25 per week discount. So I booked an ensuite room for a year. I guess you can just contact them directly.
Reply 27
I'm in Furzedown and I think a lot of Wimbledon people will be there if that helps? Furzedown is also in a residential area and seems to be ok. The Glassyard building is in stockwell, which from what I hear isn't the safest of areas but I suppose that's all down to opinion :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've put furzedown as my first choice and glassyard as my second as its more convenient with it being closer & cheaper! cant wait! thanks for the advice :smile:
has anyone gone for a shared room at furzedown? i have and wondered if i'll actually end up with a roommate since apparently the shared rooms barely get filled.

Also, has anyone had any confirmation from Wimbledon yet? :smile:
Hope to find some gooners at Furzedown :biggrin:
Reply 30
Reckon we should make a seperate thread for people going to furzedoen? I'd love to get to know people going there before I go!

Where is everyone from thats going to study at wimbledon? Im from leeds and i'm desperate to pick up a london accent while i'm there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reckon we should make a seperate thread for people going to furzedoen? I'd love to get to know people going there before I go!

Where is everyone from thats going to study at wimbledon? Im from leeds and i'm desperate to pick up a london accent while i'm there :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Furzedown as my first choice and I intend to study fine art sculpture. I'm coming from a town near Birmingham which is slightly underwhelming haha. I want to find out who else is studying my course as I've only found one other person :smile:
Original post by AndyHoccom
I've applied for Furzedown as my first choice and I intend to study fine art sculpture. I'm coming from a town near Birmingham which is slightly underwhelming haha. I want to find out who else is studying my course as I've only found one other person :smile:

I'm studying sculpture :smile: although i may have been that person you found :tongue:
Original post by NicEvans
I'm studying sculpture :smile: although i may have been that person you found :tongue:

Yes you are haha :') I've joined all the bloody groups on Facebook and I still can't find anyone. We are pretty elusive.
Reply 34

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! I've applied to furzedown too ! (Although not heard anything back yet) I'm coming from liverpool to study set design for screen

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in Furzedown :smile: And I'm from Ireland, although I'm hoping not to pick up an accent because I can't imagine what a cross between an Irish/English accent would sound like haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I'm in Furzedown :smile: And I'm from Ireland, although I'm hoping not to pick up an accent because I can't imagine what a cross between an Irish/English accent would sound like haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha ha! Its called scouse 😊 What are you studyin ?
Original post by ilex783
Ha ha! Its called scouse 😊 What are you studyin ?

Costume design! Can't wait to get started :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

If everything goes as planned, i'll go to wimbledon and stay in furzedown =) If you are excited to pick up the london accent, imagine me! I'm portuguese ahahhah
Original post by AndyHoccom
Yes you are haha :') I've joined all the bloody groups on Facebook and I still can't find anyone. We are pretty elusive.

ahh we really are :smile: were you at the offers open day the other week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending