The Student Room Group

Sleep learning - Does it work?

My school offers a free subscription to a service called GCSEpod, which offers podcasts containing revision material for exams.

I understand that studies have been done concerning the effects of background listening of these during day to day activities (it helps)., but does anyone know the effects of listening to these when sleeping? Opinions of people who have tried this or something similar before are welcome :smile:.

Thanks for helping! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've heard a lot about people listening to recordings in their sleep to help stop smoking and to aid weight loss and heard a mix of results - since it is a free service which your school is providing you with, I don't see why you shouldn't try it out for yourself! You'll never know unless you try.

Let us know how effective it is!
I tried this for learning french. Not sure if it worked or not, I got an average of 75 after the four exams but then again I was also doing a combination of other things, watching French TV, listening to French music, Rosetta Stone, interactive websites etc
Well, if you have a lot of lucid dreams you could hear the tapes in the dream and as you were (at least in your mind) conscious you would technically be able to learn the information or revise it- very interesting stuff, I have a lot of lucid dreams so I think I might try this :smile: Good Luck

*** Be careful though as your mind can warp stuff in your dreams even lucid ones so you might not actually be hearing the tapes just assuming you are- you could really be listening to what your brain thinks sounds like the tapes.... and also lucid dreaming takes a lot of mental effort to keep stable and to stay in the dram so maybe better to just have the sleep, that's my conclusion though you can still try and I know I will be trying this soon :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending