The Student Room Group

AN INSPECTOR CALLS- what to revise?

Is anyone else studying this book/play. We have very little lesson time left and we haven't even gone through the play or annotated it yet (it's the second book we are studying). If someone could give me some advise on what to learn/look out for that would be great :smile:. P.S if it helps we're doing the WJEC syllabus.
Reply 1
Hi! Welcome to TSR :smile:
I`d say go over the main themes of the book and the characters and how they`re both displayed in the book
Best thing would be to go over past papers and see the types of things asked in papers and check the mark scheme to see what the examiner expected to see written for them
Hope that helps :smile:
The inspector's final speech is the most important part of the entire play. Learn how to write 4 absolutely perfect, polished paragraphs on the final speech and you've pretty much sorted half of your essay. You can bring the final speech into practically any question because it's so integral to the message of the play.
Reply 3
Buy the cgp inspector calls text guide, it hAs all the main facts and a summary if the plot :smile: really helps me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find that it helps to get a lot of different opinions. How my teacher interprets a certain part of the play and how a revision guide interprets it are often different. My teacher also stresses that we learn our quotes.
search 'dominic salles' on youtube, he has amazing videos on an inspector calls! :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks you for your suggestions! It's really helpful to know where to look for quotes and stuff :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest