The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Accommodation restrictions?

I've accepted Hertfordshire as my firm choice and I know that the accommodation portal is not yet open, but I'm wondering if there are distance from the campus is a factor when assigning accommodation? It would be possible for me to commute, however I'm planning to live on campus due to a few family matters and convenience.
Original post by jazzhands21
I've accepted Hertfordshire as my firm choice and I know that the accommodation portal is not yet open, but I'm wondering if there are distance from the campus is a factor when assigning accommodation? It would be possible for me to commute, however I'm planning to live on campus due to a few family matters and convenience.

Hi there,

We try our best to accommodate all students to on campus Accommodation despite the distance you live from campus. When the application opens (Late April / May) you will be able to select three preference of blocks which you would like. We will endeavour to allocate you to one of your three choices where possible.

If you have any other questions relating to Accommodation, please do not hesitate to look on our website - http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/accommodation - for more information, or ask me on here.

Regards

Chris
Official Rep
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I will be doing an extended science program at stevenage. Dyou know any accommodations that I can apply to seen as though the uni does not allow foundation students to stay at campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nunuayy
Hey I will be doing an extended science program at stevenage. Dyou know any accommodations that I can apply to seen as though the uni does not allow foundation students to stay at campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

There are lots of local estate agents who deal with student accommodation. You could also try sharing a house with other students, many advertise on our Facebook page.

I hope that helps in some way.

Chris
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply. I am from newcastle so its too far to visit them. Are there any links?
Also whats the facebook page?

Thanks
Original post by nunuayy
Thanks for the reply. I am from newcastle so its too far to visit them. Are there any links?
Also whats the facebook page?

Thanks

Hi,

Our Facebook page can be found at - https://www.facebook.com/uniofherts?ref=bookmarks

Local estate agents included Wrights, Strats, Pikes….

Regards

Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending