The Student Room Group

Should I go for UCAS Extra?

Hey guys,

I am in desperate need for some advice. I applied to study Law this year. I was accepted to 4 universities and rejected by one. Now, I need to choose between Southampton and City University. However I am in such a dilemma about whether I should go for UCAS Extra to go to SOAS.

Do you think its worth it? I can risk to decline my 4 offers, but I need to be sure that it's the right thing to do. Do you think it's smart to decline Southampton(a Russell Group uni) to apply to SOAS (non-RG but University of London)? :s-smilie:

I am a city person and I want to work in a top law firm after I graduate. Would Southampton be enough for filling the CV and to make contacts or I should go with UCAS Extra for SOAS as it's in London?

I would really appreciate some advice! Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by naberbenbegum
Hey guys,

I am in desperate need for some advice. I applied to study Law this year. I was accepted to 4 universities and rejected by one. Now, I need to choose between Southampton and City University. However I am in such a dilemma about whether I should go for UCAS Extra to go to SOAS.

Do you think its worth it? I can risk to decline my 4 offers, but I need to be sure that it's the right thing to do. Do you think it's smart to decline Southampton(a Russell Group uni) to apply to SOAS (non-RG but University of London)? :s-smilie:

I am a city person and I want to work in a top law firm after I graduate. Would Southampton be enough for filling the CV and to make contacts or I should go with UCAS Extra for SOAS as it's in London?

I would really appreciate some advice! Thank you :smile:
Honest answer? Forget it. The Southampton law department is well-respected, and in any case there's no guarantee you'd get an offer from SOAS - and once you've declined the offers you do have, you can't get them back.

SOAS may be in London but that's not going to add anything to your legal CV that Southampton can't.
Reply 2
I'd go with Southampton, best uni of all mentioned and I'm sure they will be great when it comes to job applications

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending