The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French Amelie Essay

Salut!

Out of everything in the A2 french course I'm worrying about the 40 mark essay at the end of the paper the most. Amelie will be my chosen title because it is the cultural topic we have studied most, and I have been doing well in the practice essays, but I don't really know how to revise for it now it's closer to the exam! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips? Should I rewatch the film a few times? re-do essays etc.?
Reply 1
Salut! I'm doing the same course but studying Les Choristes for the film, and I'm practising by watching the film as much as I can. It also helps that I'm talking about it in my speaking exam as I can talk out loud about themes and ideas etc. but I'd say the best thing to do is keep working on practice essays up until the day, I've been doing that and I've found I'm getting better so hopefully I'll be okay on the day! Bonne chance!
i'm doing amelie, i love it, it's a fantastic film.

something which is fairly easy to relate to any question we might get is the cinematic techniques which Jeunet uses throughout to 'bring the film to life'
E.G. CGI, superimposed images, surrealism, music etc.
Surrealism is a good one actually like when she turns to water in the 2 moulins.

Apart from that all we can really do is look at past questions and formulate key arguments and points in response to the kinds of themes and character relationships that those questions ask us to examine.

A dream question for me would be to with the representation of paris cause then you could really go to town on all the cinematic techniques arguing that Jeunet uses them to create an idealised Paris which is really an uncredited star of the film in my opinion. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by sammyruse
Salut! I'm doing the same course but studying Les Choristes for the film, and I'm practising by watching the film as much as I can. It also helps that I'm talking about it in my speaking exam as I can talk out loud about themes and ideas etc. but I'd say the best thing to do is keep working on practice essays up until the day, I've been doing that and I've found I'm getting better so hopefully I'll be okay on the day! Bonne chance!

Thank you :smile: I'll do lots of past papers then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending