The Student Room Group

Best accommodation for freshers?

I'm going to starting my degree at Manchester College this september, studying Music Industries Management and I am trying to figure out where to book to stay for my first year.

I'm going to 23 when I start my course and I'd like to be in a quite social area with others who are also just starting Uni. I am adamant that I want an en-suite room but other than that, I'm not really fussed.

I've looked all over the internet but Im struggling to pick which ones are the best for a fresher as all places have good and bad reviews. I've read that Private Halls aren't recommended for first years but I'm just wondering seen as my course is ran at a college and validated by Salford if that limits me to where I can apply for?

So I would really appreciate the help, thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
i have same problem im doing Makeup degree at Manchester college and struggling find accommodation .. the college recommended the Student village and atm it seems only choice cause don't wanna be stuck in boring private halls with unsocial people.. apparently the msv like does fresher events and stuff which is slightly better.. bad thing no en-suite which i would really prefer
Reply 2
or liberty point sounds good
Reply 3
Fallowfields is where it's popping!!!
Reply 4
Original post by rissaxox
i have same problem im doing Makeup degree at Manchester college and struggling find accommodation .. the college recommended the Student village and atm it seems only choice cause don't wanna be stuck in boring private halls with unsocial people.. apparently the msv like does fresher events and stuff which is slightly better.. bad thing no en-suite which i would really prefer

I went for Liberty Point in the end. Closest to the Openshaw campus I think. It's about 6 minute walk away from Piccadilly station and a 10 minute walk away from the Arndale centre. Plus the ensuite kinda sold it for me.
Reply 5
I think i might go for there aswell looks decent enough, do you have to put a deposit down just to like apply for a room?
Reply 6
Yeah it's £200.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending