The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen's Mary v/s NewCastle for dentistry postgraduate?

Hey everyone. So I have received two offers for different programs in dentistry.
I will be an overseas student, and would like to start my career in the UK quickly.
From Newcastle i have an unconditional offer letter for MClinDent in Restorative Dentistry, while from Queen's Mary I have received conditional offer letter for MSc. Dental Science in Clinical Practice. The Queen's Mary offer is a one year course, and its a program that they have upgraded this year from postgraduate diploma in enhaced pathway of dental clinical sciences. The NewCastle offer is for two years.
Firstly I am confused which university course will weigh more after I graduate. Secondly, while doing my Queen's Mary course, i will be able to sit for MJDF and ORE exam, so will that be better for me, or simply doing MClinDent from Newcastle and then going for ORE. Also I have an option of either establishing myself in the UK(which I would prefer better) or return back to the UAE, where I am settled currently. In case I return back to UAE, which course would be helpful.
The university ranking according to Guardian and Times vary, which has made the decision more confusing, and obv the tuition fees is another criteria to be considered.
thanky ou for taking time out to read. I would love to hear your feedback.
Madiha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending