The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Music community at Bristol

Hey all, firmed for CMM, starting this year hopefully. :smile:

Are there any good places to go for rehearsing, i.e practice rooms of the sort like my college has?

I'm going to get a job over the holidays and will probably spend most of the money upgrading my guitar/amp setup but obviously if there's nowhere to practice, I'd might as well buy an acoustic haha.

Cheers!
Reply 1
Was wondering this aswell! This is one of my main concerns right now - i'm really considering firming for Bristol but being able to play music is a really important factor to me - I take it people will get pissed off if I spend hours and hours in halls playing my guitar :L
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by spleenharvester
Hey all, firmed for CMM, starting this year hopefully. :smile:

Are there any good places to go for rehearsing, i.e practice rooms of the sort like my college has?

I'm going to get a job over the holidays and will probably spend most of the money upgrading my guitar/amp setup but obviously if there's nowhere to practice, I'd might as well buy an acoustic haha.

Cheers!

Original post by RadioSoul
Was wondering this aswell! This is one of my main concerns right now - i'm really considering firming for Bristol but being able to play music is a really important factor to me - I take it people will get pissed off if I spend hours and hours in halls playing my guitar :L

I think several of the Halls have music practice spaces. There was a question about this from the student body last year and I think it was agreed that non-music students could book the Uni music practice rooms. The PVC International and the Finance Director are closet musicians so from the very top they want to support musical talent beyond just those doing a music degree. I'm not sure what the details of the arrangements are though. If you contacted one of the Union Officers, I'm sure they'd be able to advise.
Original post by threeportdrift
I think several of the Halls have music practice spaces. There was a question about this from the student body last year and I think it was agreed that non-music students could book the Uni music practice rooms. The PVC International and the Finance Director are closet musicians so from the very top they want to support musical talent beyond just those doing a music degree. I'm not sure what the details of the arrangements are though. If you contacted one of the Union Officers, I'm sure they'd be able to advise.

Ah thankyou mate I think I'll try get in touch. :smile:

Haha I know what you mean, I'd hate to be "that guy". But I really wanna get back out there and (hopefully) find someone else who's into Nirvana/FF stuff to play with, so I'm going to have to find a practice room of some sort. :tongue:
Reply 4
Ah thankyou mate I think I'll try get in touch. :smile:

Haha I know what you mean, I'd hate to be "that guy". But I really wanna get back out there and (hopefully) find someone else who's into Nirvana/FF stuff to play with, so I'm going to have to find a practice room of some sort. :tongue:

this is one of the halls check it out - THEY ACTUALLY HAVE DRUMS
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/residences/badock/photos.html
this is one of the halls check it out - THEY ACTUALLY HAVE DRUMS
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/residences/badock/photos.html

Oh wow that hall looks great! I've barely even looked at accomodation yet :tongue: Just need to find myself a rediculously nice amp and some bandmates haha
Reply 6
Oh wow that hall looks great! I've barely even looked at accomodation yet :tongue: Just need to find myself a rediculously nice amp and some bandmates haha

Testify!

(same here, haha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending