The Student Room Group

Argument with boyfriend

Last night me and my bf had some sort of argument, I wasn't mad at him but he was so pissed off he told me he didn't want to talk to me right now, I sent a text saying ''text me when you want to talk. I love you'' that was at around 11:30pm. I need to sort things out with him, I have no idea if we're going to break up, I can't eat or sleep and I constantly feel like I'm going to be sick and cry.

When is the right time to text him? I know that if I don't text him first he won't which means it won't be solved and realistically it has to be by tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It doesn't sound like you're going to break up. Maybe he's just angry at something else and doesn't want to take it out on you. Don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lilypear
It doesn't sound like you're going to break up. Maybe he's just angry at something else and doesn't want to take it out on you. Don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

No he's angry at me for something I didn't do, he made it pretty clear when he said he couldn't even talk to me right now. He said he wasn't 100% happy with how things were going so there's a chance we could break up but I don't want to. I'm so confused.
Been there before, but don't text him. That was my mistake. If he doesn't want to talk, then just leave it. He'll come around eventually, he probably just needs some space. If he does break up with you over something you didn't do, well then that's his loss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You shouldn't break up over one argument.
The fact he chose to calm down instead of continuing the argument is a good sign. You'll be fine, he'll probably reply to you in a while.

or you could ring him?
Reply 5
What is it he thinks you've done? And if you haven't done it, why does he think you did? Which brings me to the question of whether or not it's actually you that ought to be annoyed at him rather than the other way around? Give him a little time and space to cool off, then when he is ready to talk you can explain that you've done nothing wrong, talk things through and hopefully end up with an apology rather than a break up. But if he does break up with you over something you didn't do, then perhaps you'd be better off without someone who doesn't trust you.
Reply 6
Original post by Matt___
You shouldn't break up over one argument.
The fact he chose to calm down instead of continuing the argument is a good sign. You'll be fine, he'll probably reply to you in a while.

or you could ring him?

I know but he said he weren't happy and what he accused me of doing is worthy of a breakup, I told him I would never do that but I have no proof, I get that he's insecure but this is taking it to a whole new level.

He was the one arguing with me, I was trying to be nice to be nice to him.

I want to ring him but I don't know. I've been told to leave it and then people are telling me to contact him, I have no idea what to do.
Reply 7
Original post by Sazzle4
What is it he thinks you've done? And if you haven't done it, why does he think you did? Which brings me to the question of whether or not it's actually you that ought to be annoyed at him rather than the other way around? Give him a little time and space to cool off, then when he is ready to talk you can explain that you've done nothing wrong, talk things through and hopefully end up with an apology rather than a break up. But if he does break up with you over something you didn't do, then perhaps you'd be better off without someone who doesn't trust you.

I'll private message you what he thinks I've done as I'd rather not have it all over here.

I should be the one mad at him and for a short amount of time I was but then I realised that there's no point in being mad over it and now I just hurt. Hopefully but I don't know honestly if we will sort this out.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I know but he said he weren't happy and what he accused me of doing is worthy of a breakup, I told him I would never do that but I have no proof, I get that he's insecure but this is taking it to a whole new level.

I want to ring him but I don't know. I've been told to leave it and then people are telling me to contact him, I have no idea what to do.

Do you mind saying what it was that you were doing? It could change what your next course of action is.
Reply 9
Original post by Matt___
Do you mind saying what it was that you were doing? It could change what your next course of action is.

Yeah I'll PM you.
Give him a call, texting is bad.
Reply 11
Give him a call, texting is bad.

Agreed texting is what caused this whole problem!
Agreed texting is what caused this whole problem!

Text him you want to hear his voice. Then call. Simple.
Reply 13
OP - don't call him. He wants his space, that much is clear. You need to give him that at the moment, rather than 'nag' him into communication. A call would be even more of a nag than a simple text, but I advise doing neither, and instead just keeping yourself busy.

Honestly, if you hadn't said that he was believing something that is definitely false, I would say just give him time and have faith. But if he is telling himself, regardless of what you are saying, that you have done this thing (which I assume is cheating related) then it is another issue. If things are not working already, he could be using this argument and this thing you 'have' done as an excuse to put the relationship into question. If he isn't happy but you are, that still means the relationship isn't working on a level.
(edited 10 years ago)

If you have no proof that you didn't do it, but in fact didn't do it, surely he can't have proof that you did do it, which in turn in itself is proof that you didn't? Why is he so convinced you did whatever it is?

Hope everything works out ok!
Reply 15
Original post by Musie Suzie
If you have no proof that you didn't do it, but in fact didn't do it, surely he can't have proof that you did do it, which in turn in itself is proof that you didn't? Why is he so convinced you did whatever it is?

Hope everything works out ok!

He has no proof apart from something I said, he literally put 2+2 together and came out with 15.

Thank you.
Just remember you're a strong independent black woman who don't need no man.

GL OP.
Reply 17
Original post by awe
OP - don't call him. He wants his space, that much is clear. You need to give him that at the moment, rather than 'nag' him into communication. A call would be even more of a nag than a simple text, but I advise doing neither, and instead just keeping yourself busy.

Honestly, if you hadn't of said that he was believing something that is definitely false, I would say just give him time and have faith. But if he is telling himself, regardless of what you are saying, that you have done this thing (which I assume is cheating related) then it is another issue. If things are not working already, he could be using this argument and this thing you 'have' done as an excuse to put the relationship into question. If he isn't happy but you are, that still means the relationship isn't working on a level.

How much space is too much? I give him as much space as he needs and probably a lot more as well.

It's not cheating related, I don't know if he believes me or not, he just said he didn't want to talk.

I'm also not happy but I can't give up.
Original post by lucybuckleyy
Been there before, but don't text him. That was my mistake. If he doesn't want to talk, then just leave it. He'll come around eventually, he probably just needs some space. If he does break up with you over something you didn't do, well then that's his loss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Reply 19
How much space is too much? I give him as much space as he needs and probably a lot more as well.

It's not cheating related, I don't know if he believes me or not, he just said he didn't want to talk.

I'm also not happy but I can't give up.

Honestly, if that's the truth, how can it not be talked about? Use this argument, once it has calmed slightly and he does communicate with you, to bring everything up. Seriously. I know it's horrid to do but clearly there are some big issues at the moment - if you're giving him a lot more space than he even 'needs' because you feel it's necessary, that's very telling. If he isn't willing to talk to you at all despite an issue involving you most centrally, that's even more so.

I would use this time to yourself to think about the relationship. Write down what the main issues for you are. Don't try and sugar-coat them, and don't try and allow him the benefit of the doubt - work out what the problems are to you regardless of his feelings. Everything needs to come up and be dealt with before you can carry on, otherwise you'll be moving on with existing issues and they will continue to drag you down. It sounds like there are a lot of compromises attempting to be made but that nothing in the puzzle is really fitting. If you really don't want to give up, you are both going to have to sit down and find a way to overcome stubbornness/pride, and both acknowledge why it's worth keeping the relationship. By the sounds of it though, it won't be easy, and you've really got to do it together rather than one more than the other; be on the same page etc. And... if he wants to give up, you're just going to have to I'm afraid. =/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending