The Student Room Group

Can anyone suggest courses for me? Design/Business/Events

This is a long shot but I'm a bit lost so thought I would give this a try!

Basically I want to go back to college after having a tough couple of years (long story but dropped out of college due to social anxiety issues following jaw surgery) I've had various jobs in retail, bars etc. which really helped me gain my confidence back slowly, I've also run my own business (I studied jewellery manufacture and was a freelance jewellery designer).

I know I CAN run my business and it could be really successful if I put everything into it - but I'm 18 years old.. and working from home is HARD. Staying motivated, being super organized and basically being on your own lots is hard! I'm scared of the social anxiety returning as well, so I'm constantly going out to see friends, which means I can't get as much work done as I should!

I feel like I've kind of done everything the wrong way round, so I really want to get back into college and study for something I'm passionate about.

My problem is.. I don't know where to start - I'm pretty entrepreneurial, I love design, writing, blogging, photography (event, fashion and product photography) and I've also worked as an artist liaison at a festival which I loved as well.

.. I kind of want to do everything!!

I'm 18 now, 19 in May and would like to study in London or Somerset as I have family in both and I'm looking for a full time course from September as I'm working abroad for the summer with a photographer).

In terms of quals I have 13 good GCSEs A*-B (I was super nerdy student before it all went a bit wrong!) but only Level 2 Diploma in Jewellery Manufacture.

Anyone know of any courses that might be good for me?
I have no idea where to start!
Thanks guys :smile:
Hi LouiseVictoria!

Have you also tried posting this in the Entrepreneurs and Freelance careers forum? They might be able of help!

All best,

SJ:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest