The Student Room Group

Switch from V101 History at SEESS to another UCL Department?

I've received an offer for the History V101 course at SEESS, however I'm worried I might not like this as much as the pure History course at UCL (V100) or the Ancient History one. I was wondering if anyone knows how easy/if it's possible to switch from SEESS to another UCL department? :smile:
Original post by Androll
I've received an offer for the History V101 course at SEESS, however I'm worried I might not like this as much as the pure History course at UCL (V100) or the Ancient History one. I was wondering if anyone knows how easy/if it's possible to switch from SEESS to another UCL department? :smile:

Hello, I got the same question this year) Could you tell me about your experience?
Did you manage to change the course??
Do it SEES is s---.

Btw, do ancient, the straight history course isn't that great.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dragon1853
Hello, I got the same question this year) Could you tell me about your experience?

Even if the OP is still on TSR their experience might not be relevant as the situation can change from year to year. The only way to find out is to ring or email and ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

SSEES has recently merged their History BA with UCL's History BA, so why would you want to switch?
Original post by Snufkin
SSEES has recently merged their History BA with UCL's History BA, so why would you want to switch?

I want to switch to PPE course as not sure about studying History.
I want to switch to PPE course as not sure about studying History.

Then you should have applied for PPE.
Original post by Snufkin
Then you should have applied for PPE.

thank you very much for help!)
Unfortunately, the PPE course at UCL is MASSIVELY over-subscribed, so they would not be able to transfer you. The statistics from last year show that there were around 30 applications per place (I think), so transfering someone would not be feasable for a university. This is probably because PPE is a very new course at UCL.
thank you very much for help!)

^^^See my above post
Original post by bulbawill
Unfortunately, the PPE course at UCL is MASSIVELY over-subscribed, so they would not be able to transfer you. The statistics from last year show that there were around 30 applications per place (I think), so transfering someone would not be feasable for a university. This is probably because PPE is a very new course at UCL.

I was thinking not about PPE but something similar with Politics and Economics. But anyway thank you very much for the information)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending