The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Transferring to Keele

Hey I'm thinking of transferring to Keele University for my second year of my Law degree. I was wondering what people thought of the campus, and what the Law course was like, and also if anyone has transferred to here before (both for Law and non-Law subjects), and if they have any tips for a personal statement for UCAS :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by nerdy_nerd
Hey I'm thinking of transferring to Keele University for my second year of my Law degree. I was wondering what people thought of the campus, and what the Law course was like, and also if anyone has transferred to here before (both for Law and non-Law subjects), and if they have any tips for a personal statement for UCAS :smile:

Not a Keele student but a close friend of mine is a fresher there, and he studies law as well. If you wanna transfer I think you'll need ABB for law at Keele and probably a 2:1 or above in your exams this summer, so work hard bud:smile:

I've been to Keele campus a few times now, and its pretty good, you'd only find students around the area, its highly convenient and the student union is AMAZING. Student night out is quality, Keele even has their own ballroom and ****, I'd say its almost as good as Sheffield's SU.:biggrin:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Yomigo
Not a Keele student but a close friend of mine is a fresher there, and he studies law as well. If you wanna transfer I think you'll need ABB for law at Keele and probably a 2:1 or above in your exams this summer, so work hard bud:smile:

I've been to Keele campus a few times now, and its pretty good, you'd only find students around the area, its highly convenient and the student union is AMAZING. Student night out is quality, Keele even has their own ballroom and ****, I'd say its almost as good as Sheffield's SU.:biggrin:

I've got the A-Level grades sorted, and I've had a mix of 2:1's and 1st's over this year, so just got the last nail-biting exams to do now :eek:

It's great to hear its got a great Student Union, the one I'm at currently sucks, so it'll be good to go somewhere which seems so much more social. How does your friend describe the course? Does he like it? Has he got decent lecturers, and enough time in classes etc.?? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by nerdy_nerd
I've got the A-Level grades sorted, and I've had a mix of 2:1's and 1st's over this year, so just got the last nail-biting exams to do now :eek:

It's great to hear its got a great Student Union, the one I'm at currently sucks, so it'll be good to go somewhere which seems so much more social. How does your friend describe the course? Does he like it? Has he got decent lecturers, and enough time in classes etc.?? :smile:

I haven't really asked him what his course is like, but he's a hardworker and is averaging on 1st's this year. In terms of his lecturers for law, I remember he said that he favoured a particular lecturer because he was a football fan, though some lectures/seminars are quite strict/demanding as you'd expect from a good uni such as Keele. I think he gets around 12-15 hours of classes per week? Not too sure :smile: Good luck btw, might even see you around in Keele next year

Quick Reply

Latest