The Student Room Group

On bail for drunk and disorderly

HELP! Last weekend I was on a night out (I am 16 nearly 17 I know it's illegal) and I know it's wrong but obviously I got to drunk and got arrested for drunk and disorderly. I spent 11 hours in a cell then got released and got bail. I have to go back to the police station on the 6th may. This is my first offence but I'm scared on what's going to happen?! Any ideas.. I've heard of a lot of people that it was probably be a fine or a caution? Even the Sargent said that but I've been reading other peoples and seen that they have went to court?! Just need some opinions or advice.
Reply 1
You would probably only go to court if you chose to challenge the fine or caution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tut tut. Kids these days.
Original post by Me123456789
Tut tut. Kids these days.
Because kids didn't used to get drunk? ...
Reply 4
Original post by Donald Duck
Because kids didn't used to get drunk? ...

Back in my day us seventeen years old knew how to avoid the fuzz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Aw bless! Don't be scared, it would be highly unusual for you to receive anything more than a caution or a fine
Reply 6
It's possible you could end up with a warning if the prosecution deem it appropriate.
Criminal record if you are fined.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrozenBeak

Posted from TSR Mobile

A fine for drunk and disorderly doesn't go on your criminal record

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
The key question is, do you remember what happened to get you arrested?
Reply 10
Original post by BenSmith97
HELP! Last weekend I was on a night out (I am 16 nearly 17 I know it's illegal) and I know it's wrong but obviously I got to drunk and got arrested for drunk and disorderly. I spent 11 hours in a cell then got released and got bail. I have to go back to the police station on the 6th may. This is my first offence but I'm scared on what's going to happen?! Any ideas.. I've heard of a lot of people that it was probably be a fine or a caution? Even the Sargent said that but I've been reading other peoples and seen that they have went to court?! Just need some opinions or advice.

They're probably just trying to scare you into not making this mistake again. I wouldn't worry. Whatever happens, happens. Learn from it and learn your limits when drinking.
Reply 11
Original post by FrozenBeak

Posted from TSR Mobile

Disposable penalties do not go on your CR. If you were, however, to subsequently take it to court and lose the case—the offence would appear on your CR.
Possibility of the death sentence. Dont drink and walk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending