The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by propagation
I would just like to outline that the Company I am using which is 'Outreach' does not charge anything for their services. They also pick you up in the country and organise a welcome party before enrolment into the Uni. Again we have a large group for students applying to Plovidiv Medical school on Facebook for students that have applied via Outreach!

I am not in any way trying to advertise the company, I am merely correcting your statement :biggrin:

I must say reading this message back it comes across as advertisement :/

Haha no it doesn't sound like an advertisement at all :smile: Good point, i have heard a little about them, but didnt know that they pick you up etc. I'll have to look into them now! :P By the way do you know if many Irish/British are applying to Plovdiv? :smile:
Original post by katiemul1610
Haha no it doesn't sound like an advertisement at all :smile: Good point, i have heard a little about them, but didnt know that they pick you up etc. I'll have to look into them now! :P By the way do you know if many Irish/British are applying to Plovdiv? :smile:

You Irish by any chance?

Ermm there are people applying from Britain but most of them are Asian haha
Plovidiv and Pleven are the most popular. I think Pleven is the most popular Med school for the brits.
Have you looked at any other uni's in Europe?
You Irish by any chance?

Ermm there are people applying from Britain but most of them are Asian haha
Plovidiv and Pleven are the most popular. I think Pleven is the most popular Med school for the brits.
Have you looked at any other uni's in Europe?

Yap I'm Irish :smile: I was looking into Vilnius in Lithuania and Croatia too, I was looking into Semmelweis in Hungary but its a bit more expensive. What about yourself?
Yap I'm Irish :smile: I was looking into Vilnius in Lithuania and Croatia too, I was looking into Semmelweis in Hungary but its a bit more expensive. What about yourself?

My Grandad is Irish, from the county Mayo. :biggrin:
Vilnius in Lithuania is one of the Uni's outreach is linked up with.
I myself have been thinking about the following uni's:
-Palacky
-Masaryk (the hardest one to get into, it's ranked in the top 40 uni's of the World! )
-Debrecen
-Pleven
-Plovdiv
Not sure about the Plovdiv one, but I've heard the Pleven one is really good.
Original post by guglemugle

Plovdiv is better than Pleven :P
Is anyone sitting the entrance exam for Debrecen on the 10th May in London? No idea what to expect in terms of questions & could really use some help!

Also considering applying to Palacky, Plovdiv and Pleven.
Original post by LouiseR1996
Is anyone sitting the entrance exam for Debrecen on the 10th May in London? No idea what to expect in terms of questions & could really use some help!

Also considering applying to Palacky, Plovdiv and Pleven.

I was going to but it collides with exams.
I have applied to all 3 of those unis.
I was going to but it collides with exams.
I have applied to all 3 of those unis.

I have advanced higher chemistry on the Monday so it's probably wise if I abandon my plans to apply to debrecen, anyway, thanks for the reply😊.
I have advanced higher chemistry on the Monday so it's probably wise if I abandon my plans to apply to debrecen, anyway, thanks for the reply.

You will be better off with applying to Palacky, it seems to be the best uni that Outreach offers.
You will be better off with applying to Palacky, it seems to be the best uni that Outreach offers.

Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll be sitting the entrance exam in June then. More studying...fun:frown:.
Thanks for the advice, looks like I'll be sitting the entrance exam in June then. More studying...fun:frown:.

Lol :P
Future colleagues, I am a 3. year medical student fromGerany in Varna, I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANY, and can only tell you - do not choose Pleven or Plovdiv! I visited them, got accepted and I chose Varna. There is a big beach 5 min of the University, this is the most modern MU in Bulgaria, has a 3d anatomy, the groups are very small. There is a personal approach to everyone. The MU Varna has more western students than alloter Unis together. Take the right choice! Jut contact the university officially its official emaildress: [email protected] . They will arrange everything for you - a hotel, an appartment, registration, and you get the students loan fr 24 hours on your ccount if you want to. They can help you translate the documents too and they have me as a student responsing on a hotline every evening for other students till 23 p.m. 7 days a week. There are two boks for the preparation forthe exms. If you know them by word, the will accept you. Last year there was not a single applicant who wrote to this email and didn't get accepted, check it on the official page of the MU-Varna: http://deutsch.mu-varna.bg/index.php/kontakti, this is the one for the Germany but to you tey will reply too.
Original post by guglemugle

As a city, university, facilities and course Plovdiv is much better..
Hey Guys,

I just got a few questions to ask particularly students currently studying in Bulgaria especially Plovdiv and those who visited it but if anyone has some useful information regarding the questions below please do respond:

I heard there is some sort of corruption in some Romania Med Unis; has anyone experienced this at any Bulgarian Med Uni?

How good is the quality of teaching over there at Plovdiv compared to the UK medical or dental schs? How difficult is it to learn Bulgarian do you get tested on it in the 1st year? How good are the dental sch facilities in comparison to the UK ones? How many students are in your year [for dentistry] and most are from which countries; is there a lot of Brits on the course? How good is the library facilities & is there a lot of resources available e.g are there a lot of books for medics/dentists or you have to buy your own in most modules?

How much does accommodation cost per month with bills included for a decent flat on average? When does your academic year end, do you have to do a summer placement [1st year dentists]? What is the social life like there? What do you typically do as students to chill out after some hard work which Uni societies do you have there at the moment?

Would very much appreciate your feedback to any of these questions, cheers!
Reply 35
Original post by Bulgaricus
Future colleagues, I am a 3. year medical student fromGerany in Varna, I DO NOT WORK FOR ANY COMPANY, and can only tell you - do not choose Pleven or Plovdiv! I visited them, got accepted and I chose Varna. There is a big beach 5 min of the University, this is the most modern MU in Bulgaria, has a 3d anatomy, the groups are very small. There is a personal approach to everyone. The MU Varna has more western students than alloter Unis together. Take the right choice! Jut contact the university officially its official emaildress: [email protected] . They will arrange everything for you - a hotel, an appartment, registration, and you get the students loan fr 24 hours on your ccount if you want to. They can help you translate the documents too and they have me as a student responsing on a hotline every evening for other students till 23 p.m. 7 days a week. There are two boks for the preparation forthe exms. If you know them by word, the will accept you. Last year there was not a single applicant who wrote to this email and didn't get accepted, check it on the official page of the MU-Varna: http://deutsch.mu-varna.bg/index.php/kontakti, this is the one for the Germany but to you tey will reply too.

What is the hotline number please
Reply 36

Hey I'm Irish too ! I'm thinking of applying to Uni in Zagreb but they don't hold the entrance exam in Dublin & I have to travel to Bratislava for my entrance exam there at the end of June.
Original post by Sammar96
Hey I'm Irish too ! I'm thinking of applying to Uni in Zagreb but they don't hold the entrance exam in Dublin & I have to travel to Bratislava for my entrance exam there at the end of June.

Ya that was my problem with it I so i actually decided not to apply to it :/ where else are you applying? :smile:
just need to get my grades for plovdiv and i have got in :biggrin:
Reply 39
Ya that was my problem with it I so i actually decided not to apply to it :/ where else are you applying? :smile:

I'm applying to Comenius in Bratislava, UPJS in Kosice ( I reallly want to go here. My friend studying here says it's really good.) , Masaryk in Brno ( I'm scared about this one 'cause of the whole 'students getting kicked out thing'' :s-smilie:), Lodz in Poland, & Split in Croatia.
I'm not 100% sure I wanna apply to Split, but I might just incase, to prevent me wasting a year so :/

I wish I'd applied to Italy !! Kicking myself now for not applying ! :mad::angry::mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending