The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AliTahmina

Why are they charging at different rates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its depends on the qualifications. They are charging some £4000.
(edited 8 years ago)
Really worried about getting in atm. Just received an email from Outreach saying that Plovdiv have changed their requirements... I've got a degree with not so good A level results... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by AliTahmina
Really worried about getting in atm. Just received an email from Outreach saying that Plovdiv have changed their requirements... I've got a degree with not so good A level results... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best to look at other options if you really want to go in sept, try with Tutelage or Studymedicineeurope. Keep in mind all of them will charge now.
Hi guys - Im a current first year med student at Plovdiv University :smile: if any of you have any questions or want any advice, im more than happy to help! I'm new to this whole student room business so bear with me if I'm a bit slow :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 64
Hi everyone

I have been looking into applying to study medicine at Plovdiv also, I currently have highers at B/C grade, a degree in genetics (2.2) and a masters in biomedical science (distinction), Im not sure my grades are good enough to get in (any comments on this would be great). I havent applied in the UK and would prefer to study abroad. Does anyone know how the tuition fees work, can you get a loan? Good luck everyone
Reply 65
Hey guysCan anyone let me know how they are finding their studies? I hope to start in September. What is the pass mark each year? How is the teaching? I am hoping to study dentistry. Do you have to learn Bulgarian fluently for the clinical years or will there be a translator present? And when are the exams each year?Thank you, i really appreciate it
Original post by keerthidas
Hi guys - Im a current first year med student at Plovdiv University :smile: if any of you have any questions or want any advice, im more than happy to help! I'm new to this whole student room business so bear with me if I'm a bit slow :P

Hello, I am applying through agent. Did you get accepted through agent also?
Original post by keerthidas

Hello

I just wanted to ask, how did you find the application process? Were you a student from the UK? and also what were your first impressions, im really tempted to apply to study here and just wanted to know your reasons for applying and what you plan on doing after youve completed the degree? Will you continue to study and live in Bulgaria or will you move somewhere else?

Thanks
Reply 68
I got really bad A level grades. Can i get into Plovdiv?
Original post by mhayat
I got really bad A level grades. Can i get into Plovdiv?

Pm me I can tell roughly if you can 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
I know it's a late reply to this thread but did any of you who applied through outreach / SW get into Plovdiv very interested to apply this year ?
Original post by LCx2
I know it's a late reply to this thread but did any of you who applied through outreach / SW get into Plovdiv very interested to apply this year ?

Student world changed names for their medical advice to medical doorway. I am going to the event at the emirates stadium this Saturday. They are there apparently.
Reply 72
Original post by Cooliomed
Student world changed names for their medical advice to medical doorway. I am going to the event at the emirates stadium this Saturday. They are there apparently.

Oh ok I didn't realise thanks I'll look into it, are you applying. ?
Original post by aishalondon
hi, i want to apply for this uni, but i do not know how. Any help would be appreciated.
thank you

You have to apply on the uni's site if it's possible, unless contact the uni you want they'll help :wink:
I applied abroad (not in Bulgaria tho) and I could do it on each site :smile:
Original post by LCx2
Oh ok I didn't realise thanks I'll look into it, are you applying. ?

I have applied to Charles, Masaryk and Palacky all in Czech Republic. If these don't come off then Pleven in Bulgaria (after Riga in Latvia). Really what i heard about Plovdiv put me right off that uni and made me question Bulgaria but Pleven seams to be the place i would prefer to go if I had to go to Bulgaria.
Reply 75
I have applied to Charles, Masaryk and Palacky all in Czech Republic. If these don't come off then Pleven in Bulgaria (after Riga in Latvia). Really what i heard about Plovdiv put me right off that uni and made me question Bulgaria but Pleven seams to be the place i would prefer to go if I had to go to Bulgaria.

Why what as it that put you off? I'm hoping to apply to pleven too seem like a great uni going to visit in April
Original post by LCx2
Why what as it that put you off? I'm hoping to apply to pleven too seem like a great uni going to visit in April

There was just so much stuff that didn't seam right about Plovdiv from what I found. Posted it on some forums that I am signed up to on here. I have sent my Pleven application when I did my Czech applications and should get an offer towards then end of the month or April.

I will know my situation by the end of April as will have sat all the Czech exams in London by then.
Reply 77
I'm a first year in pleven btw guys so if anyone has any question feel free to ask only been here around 2 months now but happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
There was just so much stuff that didn't seam right about Plovdiv from what I found. Posted it on some forums that I am signed up to on here. I have sent my Pleven application when I did my Czech applications and should get an offer towards then end of the month or April.

I will know my situation by the end of April as will have sat all the Czech exams in London by then.

Ah ok I'll have a look around just incase, good luck with you exams and hopefully your studies abroad 😊
Reply 79
Did you use an agency ?

Original post by amalik95
I'm a first year in pleven btw guys so if anyone has any question feel free to ask only been here around 2 months now but happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending