The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Does it matter what uni I go to?

Currently dong an Access to Teaching course at South Essex College and will be staying on there to do my degree (Early Years Education.) After this I plan on going to Anglia Ruskin to do post-grad certification in education. I was just wondering if it matters that I only went to South Essx College for the degree? Does it reduce my chance of being accepted for the post grad or being employed? Completely new to all this uni stuff and very nervous :frown:
It's all that is best for you. My friend is going to a college to do her degree, granted she is a young mum but it's what is best for her. I on the other hand find univeristy is best for me as if offers an array of new opputunities and experiences. I would advise you to go to a few open days to look about then maybe sit down with a tutor or advisor at college and discuss your options and how they may impact on you. From my OWN personal view point I would say a university looks better on your cv/application and offers more in the long term.

:smile:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by chantelebirch
Currently dong an Access to Teaching course at South Essex College and will be staying on there to do my degree (Early Years Education.) After this I plan on going to Anglia Ruskin to do post-grad certification in education. I was just wondering if it matters that I only went to South Essx College for the degree? Does it reduce my chance of being accepted for the post grad or being employed? Completely new to all this uni stuff and very nervous :frown:

Have a look at some local degrees and you might like them too, don't put your eggs in one basket yet hun.

Quick Reply