AH Graphic Communication - A
H Biology - C
AH Physics - D
AH Chemistry - D
Did you meet your predictions?
Obviously not.
If not, are you going to appeal?
Unconditional.. what's the point?
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer?
Unconditional.
What decisions have you made about any further study?
Architecture in September.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results?
The only AH I passed is one severely relevant to my degree. I can't do science.
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Work and do homework.
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
I did it.
What time did you find out your results?
10:45am.
Did you feel nervous?
Yeah.
How do you feel now after knowing?
Indifferent.
Reply 21
What grades did you get? AAA in advanced higher chem/bio/maths, A in higher physics
Did you meet your predictions? Yep :smile:
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yep :smile::smile:
What decisions have you made about any further study? Going to Cambridge to study medicine post-gap year, wahey.
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? PLEASED obviously.
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Eh no.
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I looked.
What time did you find out your results? About half 10.
Did you feel nervous? YES.
How do you feel now after knowing? Happy :smile:
What grades did you get?
B - Advanced Higher Computing
A - Higher Philosophy
B - Higher Business Managment
B - INT2 Woodwork

Did you meet your predictions?

I was expecting a A in Business Managment and a B in Philosophy, but I'm not too bothered how things turned out. Both exams where on the same day... that was mega ****e.

What's the point? Passed my Uni offer.

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer?

Yup, only needed 1 B in either of my highers

What decisions have you made about any further study?

Computer Science

What made you pleased/disappointed by your results?

I was chuffed about how I did in Philosophy, but slightly disapointed in how I did in Business Managment. I'm not suprised at getting a B not A in Advanced Higher Computer, it's the same grade as my prelim. I blame it all on those bloody awful scholar notes which where the only resource given to me.

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?

Had more sex and worked less.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?

I did, although my parents found out I'd met my Uni offer almost instantly as I belted out "***** YES!"

What time did you find out your results?

Half an hour ago, the mail was late.

Did you feel nervous?

Yup, I covered over the actual marks upon looking at the sheet for a few seconds... took a deep breath and exposed them.

Umm... good.

I'm so going to get pished and stoned tonight.
What grades did you get?
English A
Maths A
Chemistry A
Bus.Man A
History A
Did you meet your predictions? YES!
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Didn't apply...
What decisions have you made about any further study? Uni next year but no idea what course or anything :|
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? 5As!!!!!! So unexpected lol
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Not stressed as much
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I looked at them
What time did you find out your results? about 20 to 12, stupid postman was late
Did you feel nervous? Very, very , very nervous
How do you feel now after knowing? Happy and shocked!
Reply 24
Maths - A
English -a
Chemistry -a
Modern Studies -a
Accounting - B
Reply 25
Higher

English - A
Chem - B
German - A
Bio - A
Math - A

I totally didn't expect German.. I screwed up on my oral. And Chemistry was hard, so thats expected. But I'm so happy... I can now get into any Uni I want to go to! Congrats everyone.
Reply 26
What grades did you get?Biology 2
Computing 1
English 1
French 2
Geog 1
Maths 2
Music 2
Media 5 (equivelent of - Im on holiday so dont know exactly what the Int 2 grades of Music and Media are (I think B or C for Music and a D for media)
Did you meet your predictions? Yes. Easily. Did awful in prelims.
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? NA
What decisions have you made about any further study? Try five highers next year if it dont work **** me
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? I was really happy with them overall but wouldve been nice to complete the credits with MEdia. Thats a real blot on the score.
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Heh, not really. Revised a tad more but hey standard grades dont matter too much right?
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? Erm my dads a teacher at school. Im on holiday and his collegue sent them. I actualy didnt want them but I saw them and who cares eh.
What time did you find out your results? About 2 oclock
Did you feel nervous? No
How do you feel now after knowing? Still havent told the parents. Hopefully they wont mind too much about MEdia but overall Im delighted!

Well done everybody!
AH Maths : A
AH Chem : A
AH Phys : A
AH Bio : A
got AH biology A
AH chemisrty A
AH physics A
AH maths A
Reply 29
AH English ~ A
AH History ~ C
AH Modern Studies ~ C
H Sociology ~ B

What grades did you get? As above

Did you meet your predictions? Not really. Got an A in the mod studs and sociology prelim.

If not, are you going to appeal? It's up to my teachers. Don't really care.

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? I have an unconditional already.

What decisions have you made about any further study? I go to Edinburgh in one month yay!

What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? That I got an A in English. I'm not bothered that I got lower results than I might have wanted in the others 'cause I really did not try that hard this year 'cause I already had my unconditional. Just went to school for the learning experience, not the exam. I was ill at my sociology exam too and had barely slept all week.

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Worked as hard as I did for my highers I guess.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I ripped them open before anyone else could see them.

What time did you find out your results? about quarter/twenty past 9

Did you feel nervous? Yeah.. Quite a bit.

How do you feel now after knowing? Quite pleased I didn't fail anything as I thought I would. Should have probably tried harder at history this year as it's my major subject at Uni but I know I could have done better and I'm safe in the knowledge of that.
AAA in Adv H Chem, Maths and Physics, I'm going to Cambridge too :biggrin:
Win^

AH Maths A
AH Applied Maths: Mechanics A
AH Chemistry B
AH Biology C

Not too chuffed about biology, i thought i did alright in the exam. :confused:

Mine,
AH Chem - C
AH Physics - C
AH Bio - D

so crap!!!! Well annoyed by Biology, wouldn't have thought i'll get a D!!! But i don't need any grades to get into Uni because i've already met the condition so i'm not worried:biggrin:

U did well anyway!(at least better than mine!)
AH Maths, Physics & Chemistry: AAA
Predicted grades: AAA

Hence I have met my St Andrews offer and will be merrily skipping off there this Autumn to terrorise the locals, enjoy the student lifestyle, marvel at the lovely beaches, and possibly even study.

The particularly pleasing things about my results include:
-They came at 9.30, meaning I had limited time for nightmares - in fact, I only had one relevant bad dream, in which I failed everything, and my Maths answers started tattooing themselves across my skin. I had a root sign on my left thumb, but I wasn't sure if it was a square root, a cube root, or what, but I needed to work out what I'd done wrong. I also had dreams about falling down slippery icy slopes and having many people shouting at me. That was fun. Yes, I was kind of nervous, you may have deduced.
-The unneccessary, but desired, A in Chemistry.
-All A's make a pretty pattern on the results sheet. Oooh. Nice pattern.

There is no point in asking 'If you ever did them again...?', because... just NO. I doubt I would have done much differently - if the school has my percentages and they're uselessly high, then naturally, I would not need to study so much if I was ever mad enough to do them again.

I looked at my results first, because my brother was opening his at the same time and it would have been a bit selfish - 'Mummy, mummy, look at MY results! Don't look at HIS!'.

Right now, I feel kind of normal, except I was at work today, and I was putting hats away and stuff, and I re-realised what it meant and I was all big-stupid-grins. Thankfully, I was also by myself, so no-one had to witness the big stupid grin.

[Edit: Sorry Acaila, I just realised I completely disregarded your suggested format.... :s whoops...]
Reply 33
What grades did you get? AAAB
Did you meet your predictions? I surpassed them, they were AABB
If not, are you going to appeal? N/A
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yep, :biggrin: it was AAB :biggrin:
What decisions have you made about any further study? Computing at Imperial College London
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Well I got a B in Computing which is the subject I'm doing at uni but it was a week after the other exams and I basically started my summer early so I wasn't too surprised.
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Definitely worked harder for the finals, especially for the comptuing exam
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I was at work for 8 and a half hours and my mum was in but she was given strict instructions not to open the envelope. It had to be something I did myself.
What time did you find out your results? Well they were posted at 9 am but I didn't find them out until 6.30 pm when I got back form work.
Did you feel nervous? Very, on the bus home I kept thinking it was going to crash, and I couldn't stop thinking about it at work.
How do you feel now after knowing? Fantastic, much better than I thought I would. It's just such a relief knowing where your going to be for the next few years.
What grades did you get? AH Chem: A, AH Bio: A, AH Physics: A
Did you meet your predictions? Met the school's, exceeded my own.
If not, are you going to appeal? N/A
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yeah it was BCC for medicine at Glasgow :smile:
What decisions have you made about any further study? 2007, Medicine at Glasgow
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Well...
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Nothing. I enjoyed my year by doing f-all studying until the exams, spent 3 weeks cramming, and it all paid off! Well, on paper of course, I doubt I could remember 90% of what I did.
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I arrived back from Canada yesterday, said hi to the cats, opened my other mail first, and then ripped open the results.
What time did you find out your results? 12:30pm, 10th August
Did you feel nervous? Yeah but nowhere near as nervous as I was for the SG and Higher results.
How do you feel now after knowing? Chuffed, but as long as I met my conditions for uni I'd be relieved!
Reply 35
What grades did you get?

Adv Higher English - A
Higher Chemistry - A
Maths - A
Music - A
Phyics - A

Did you meet your predictions? Surpassed them. Couldn't believe it.

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Applying this year, for medicine I think.

What decisions have you made about any further study? Doing Adv Maths, Adv Chemistry and Higher Human Bio next year.

What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? Getting the A for Advanced English. I was sitting it a year early, in 5th year, so the pressure was really on!

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? Probably would have made my studying a little more organised.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? I went up to my room on my own and opened them myself.

What time did you find out your results? 08:45

Did you feel nervous? So, so nervous. Never been as worried in my life.

Relieved. Shocked. Happy. :biggrin:
Reply 36
congrats esp english!
Reply 37
What grades did you get? AAAa for Adv Highers in Bio, Chem and English and an int. 2 in physics
Did you meet your predictions? Oui, surprisingly
If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? yes :biggrin: i exceeded it, SO HAPPY! (offer was AAB)
What decisions have you made about any further study? I'm going to cambridge to study medicine in october!
What made you pleased/disappointed by your results? very pleased
Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again? probably not
Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to? my dad did because i was overseas at the time
What time did you find out your results? about, 9.30am uk time, 10.30am rwandan time
Did you feel nervous? yeah i was pretty damn terrified!
How do you feel now after knowing? relieved, pleased, glad i decided to let my dad open tem and put me out of my misery!
What grades did you get?
Advanced Highers:
Computing - A
Pure Maths - A
Mechanics - A
Physics - A

Did you meet your predictions? Yep.

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer? Yes. :smile:

What decisions have you made about any further study? Going to Oxford to study Computer Science

Overall I am very happy.

----
Girls really should try computing! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending