The Student Room Group

Are these the signs of a very shy guy liking you?

There's a guy in my class who I like a bit and according to rumours going around he likes me. I would ask him but I'm a shy girl so I don't know how this will work. His mates have told me that he's a shy guy so I just wanted to know, are these the signs of a shy guy liking you?
1) He can't maintain eye contact while talking to me that well
2) He's very friendly and flirty to other girls but around me he's very quiet and irritable
3) He tries to avoid me if we have to work in groups more than once
4) One of his mates started teasing me about him being too shy to ask me out and he laughs
5) When I walk behind him after school and his mates see me, they nudge him and he looks back
6) He gets sarcastic about us two going out
7) When people put us two down for best couple for the yearbook, he laughed and asked if I was really that bothered by it
8) One of my mates asked him when us two would start going out and he said "I don't think we'll be going out soon" and he blushed

Sorry for the long post but I don't know if he does like me or not. What do you guys think?
Reply 1
IMO its one of two things:
1) he really does like you.

2) you're 'that ugly girl' in your class and his mates are messing around basically taking the piss out of you by trying to get you to think that he likes you. To try to show you that he doesn't actually like you, he tries to avoid you.
He doesn't sound that shy to me :erm:

Original post by itsn0b0dy
IMO its one of two things:
1) he really does like you.

2) you're 'that ugly girl' in your class and his mates are messing around basically taking the piss out of you by trying to get you to think that he likes you. To try to show you that he doesn't actually like you, he tries to avoid you.

But basically that ^
I fitted into that latter category at school, it sucked :cry:
Original post by Maid Marian
He doesn't sound that shy to me :erm:

But basically that ^
I fitted into that latter category at school, it sucked :cry:

WAAAAAAA finally someone gets me
Reply 4
Sounds like a 10 year old to me - but possibly, one of you will have to man up unless you want nothing to happen
I do that to my mate every single lesson :lol:

(Tease him about numerous girls)
Reply 6
Original post by itsn0b0dy

I'm afraid that what you've described, OP, seems to suggest that this guy's right. Not that you're necessarily ugly though, you may have some other undesirable quality instead heh.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There's a guy in my class who I like a bit and according to rumours going around he likes me. I would ask him but I'm a shy girl so I don't know how this will work. His mates have told me that he's a shy guy so I just wanted to know, are these the signs of a shy guy liking you?
1) He can't maintain eye contact while talking to me that well
2) He's very friendly and flirty to other girls but around me he's very quiet and irritable
3) He tries to avoid me if we have to work in groups more than once
4) One of his mates started teasing me about him being too shy to ask me out and he laughs
5) When I walk behind him after school and his mates see me, they nudge him and he looks back
6) He gets sarcastic about us two going out
7) When people put us two down for best couple for the yearbook, he laughed and asked if I was really that bothered by it
8) One of my mates asked him when us two would start going out and he said "I don't think we'll be going out soon" and he blushed

Sorry for the long post but I don't know if he does like me or not. What do you guys think?

Okay, here goes........

1 & 6 = You should tap that! :cheers:
4 & 7 = I think he's interested in you! :dumbells:
For everything else, he sounds like a proper guy you know, like not someone who would love to endlessly watch a chick flick marathon with you & listen to "The Saturdays", but someone who loves his footie & burgers too much, so in that case just feed him cupcakes when he's being moody...cupcakes work like a charm for my best mate :biggrin: !
(edited 10 years ago)
You have two options:

1) Ask him out
2) Do nothing

There are 3 potential outcomes:

1a) He says no, nothing changes
1b) He says yes, great
2) Nothing changes

Therefore there is nothing to lose, only things to gain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending